A new approach to design of a dual-band power divider with only one section transmission line is proposed. Apart from the isolation resistor, admittance matrix is used to synthesize the dual-band divider. According to the required admittance matrixes at two frequencies, a modified configuration with shunting open/short stubs at each port is presented. A new compact dual-band (operating at 1.0 GHz and 4.5 GHz) is developed to validate this proposal. Experimental results demonstrate that the return loss is better than -19.2 dB, insertion loss less than 0.59 dB, and isolation better than 23.61 dB at two operation frequencies. The measured relative bandwidths of 15 dB return loss are 35.9% and 12.4% for the lower and higher bands, respectively.
2. Srisathit, S., M. Chongcheawchamnan, and A. Worapishet, "Design and realization of dual-band 3 dB power divider based on two-section trans-mission-line topology," Electron. Lett., Vol. 39, No. 9, 723-724, May 2003.
3. Wu, L., H. Yilmaz, T. Bitzer, A. Pascht, and M. Berroth, "A dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider: For a frequency and its first harmonic," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 5, No. 2, 107-109, Feb. 2005.
4. Wu, L., S. Sun, H. Yilmaz, and M. Berroth, "A dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 1, 278-284, Jan. 2006.
5. Bai, Y.-F., X.-H. Wang, C.-J. Gao, X.-W. Shi, and H.-J. Lin, "Compact dual-band power divider using non-uniform transmission line," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 3, 188-190, Feb. 3, 2011.
6. Liu, Y. C., W. H. Chen, X. Li, and Z. H. Feng, "Design of compact dual-band power dividers with frequency-dependent division ratios based on multisection coupled line," IEEE Trans. Compon., Packag. Manuf. Technol., Vol. 3, No. 3, 467-475, Mar. 2013.
7. Huang, K., S. Zhang, and L. Bei, "A novel symmetrical Wilkinson power divider for dual-band application," Microwave Comput-Aided Eng., Vol. 24, No. 1, 102-108, Jan. 2014.
8. Gao, N. J., G. A. Wu, and Q. H. Tang, "Design of a novel compact dual-band Wilkinson power divider with wide frequency ratio," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 24, No. 2, 81-83, Feb. 2015.