This paper presents a frequency reconfigurable dual-pole, dual-band waveguide bandpass filter. Varactor diode and chip capacitor loaded planar split ring resonators are used on the transverse plane of a waveguide to form the filter. Numerical simulations are carried out using CST microwave studio (version 14). Measured result shows tuning range of the bands are 8.12-8.58 GHz and 10.22-10.68 GHz, respectively. The measured result shows good agreement with the simulated one. The total length of the proposed filter is 10 mm.
2. Bage, A. and S. Das, "Wideband waveguide band-pass filter based on broadside complementary split ring resonator," Int. Conf. Microw. and Photonics (ICMAP), 1-2, 2015.
3. Jin, J. Y., X. Q. Lin, Y. Jiang, L.Wang, and Y. Fan, "A novel E-plane substrate inserted bandpass filter with high selectivity and compact size," Int. Journal of RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 17, 451-456, 2007.
4. Jin, J. Y., X. Q. Lin, Y. Jiang, and Q. Xue, "A novel compact-plane waveguide filter with multiple transmission zeroes," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 63, No. 10, 3374-3380, 2015.
5. Bernardi, P. and F. Valdoni, "Fundamentals of a new class of magnetically tunable waveguide filters," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 2, No. 3, 264-268, 1966.
6. Mias, C., "Waveguide and free-space demonstration of tunable frequency selective surface," Electro. Lett., Vol. 39, 850-852, 2003.
7. Mias, C., "Demonstration of wideband tuning of frequency selective surface in waveguide setup," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 44, 412-416, 2005.
8. Tsakonas, C. and C. Mias, "Electrically-tunable band-stop filter with mechanically variable bandwidth," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, 53-56, 2006.
9. Pelliccia, L., S. Bastioli, F. Casini, and R. Sorrentino, "High-Q MEMS-reconfigurable waveguide filters," Proceedings of the 40th European Microw. Conf., 1126-1129, 2010.
10. Pelliccia, L., S. Bastioli, F. Casini, and R. Sorrentino, "High Q tunable waveguide filters using ohmic RF MEMS switches," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techniques, Vol. 63, No. 10, 3381-3390, 2015.
11. Mohottige, N., U. Jankovic, D. Budimir, and U. Jankovic, "Compact E-plane varactor-tuned bandpass filters," Antennas and Propag. Society Int. Symp. (APSURSI), 790-791, 2013.
12. Mohottige, N., B. Bukvic, and D. Budimir, "Reconfigurable E-plane waveguide resonators for filter applications," 44th European Microw. Conf., (EuMC), 299-301, 2014.
13. Mohottige, N., D. Budimir, and C. J. Panagamuwa, "Optically reconfigurable E-plane waveguide resonators and filters," 43rd European Microw. Conf., 798-801, 2013.
14. Zhang, M., P. Ye, F. Zhang, Y. Zhao, and J. Wang, "NOLM-based wavelength conversion with FBG band-pass filter for optical packet switching," Chin. Opt. Lett., Vol. 1, No. 3, 2003.
15. Vahabisani, N., S. Khan, and M. Daneshmand, "Microfluidically reconfigurable rectangular waveguide filter using liquid metal posts," IEEE Microw. and Wiresless Compon. Lett., Vol. 10, 801-803, 2016.
16. Macchiarella, G. and S. Tamiazzo, "Design techniques for dual-passband filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 53, No. 11, 3265-3271, Nov. 2005.
17. Amari, S. and M. Bekheit, "A new class of dual mode dual band waveguide filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 56, No. 8, 1938-1944, 2008.
18. Nocella, V., L. Pelliccia, C. Tomassoni, and R. Sorrentino, "Miniaturized dual band waveguide filter using TM dielectric-loaded dual-mode cavities," IEEE Microw. and Wiresless Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 5, 310-312, 2016.
19. Lee, J., M. S. Uhm, and I. B. Yom, "A dual-passband filter of canonical structure for satellite applications," IEEE Microw. and Wiresless Compon. Lett., Vol. 14, No. 6, 310-312, 2004.
20. Bage, A. and S. Das, "Compact triple band waveguide bandpass filter using concentric multiple complementary split ring resonator," Journal of Circuit System and Computers, Vol. 26, No. 6, 2017.