A novel asymmetrical single-pole double-throw (SPDT) switch for 2.4 GHz application with high power handle ability is developed. The novel asymmetrical topology is discussed. To increase the power capacity, ac-floating and dc-bias techniques are used. Using these techniques, a switch achieves a measured P1 dB of 20.5 dBm, an insertion loss (IL) of 1.16 dB and isolation loss of 20.8 dB in TX mode; an insertion loss of 1.57 dB and an isolation of 21.6 dB in RX mode. The circuit is fabricated using 3.3-V 0.35-μm DNW NMOS transistors in 0.18-μm bulk CMOS process.
2. Huang, F.-J. and K. K. O, "A 0.5-μm CMOS T/R switch for 900-MHz wireless applications," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 36, No. 3, 486-492, 2001.
3. Ahn, M., C.-H. Lee, B.-S. Kim, and J. Laskar, "A high-power CMOS switch using a novel adaptive voltage swing distribution method in multistack FETs," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 56, No. 4, 849-858, 2008.
4. Sun, P. and P. Liu, "Analysis of parasitic effects in triple-well CMOS SPDT switch," Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, No. 11, 706-708, 2013.
5. Huang, F.-J. and K. K. O, "Single-pole double-throw CMOS switches for 900-MHz and 2.4-GHz applications on p− silicon substrates," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 39, No. 1, 35-41, 2004.
6. Li, Z. and K. K. O, "15-GHz fully integrated nMOS switches in a 0.13-μm CMOS process," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 40, No. 1, 2323-2328, 2005.
7. Talwalkar, N. A., C. P. Yue, H. Gan, and S. S. Wong, "Integrated CMOS transmit-receive switch using LC-tuned substrate bias for 2.4-GHz and 5.2-GHz applications," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 39, No. 6, 863-870, 2004.
8. Ohnakado, T., S. Yamakawa, T. Murakami, A. Furukawa, E. Taniguchi, H. Ueda, N. Suematsu, and T. Oomori, "21.5-dBm power-handling 5-GHz transmit/receive CMOS switch realized by voltage division effect of stacked transistor configuration with depletion-layer-extended transistors (DETs)," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 39, No. 4, 577-584, 2004.
9. Park, P., H. S. Dong, and C. P. Yue, "High-linearity CMOS T/R switch design above 20 GHz using asymmetrical topology and AC-floating bias," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 4, 948-956, 2009.
10. Xu, X., et al., "Highly linear high isolation SPDT switch IC with back-gate effect and floating body technique in 180-nm CMOS," 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Radio-Frequency Integration Technology (RFIT), IEEE, 2015.