This study proposes an anti-jamming scheme for linear frequency modulated (LFM) radars to combat smart noise jamming, which is a newly proposed pattern that is very effective against LFM radars. First, by utilizing the smeared spectrum technique, the chirp rates of the target return and jamming signal can be changed. The target return and jamming signal then exhibit different characteristics after the application of matched filters. Finally, the true target can be distinguished from the smart noise jamming, which is suppressed by the reconstruction and subtraction in the receiving signal. Numerical experiments demonstrate the feasibility and practicability of the proposed anti-jamming device, which is also verified as having a superior performance over existing jamming suppression schemes.
2. Shen, H., X. Wang, and J. Rong, "Smart noise jamming waveforms based on DRFM," Aerospace Electronic Warfare, Vol. 23, No. 1, 62-64, 2007.
3. Hao, H., D. Zeng, and P. Ge, "Research on the method of smart noise jamming on pulse radar," Proc. of 5th International Conference on Instrumentation and Measurement, Computer, Communication and Control, 1339-1342, Qinhuangdao, Hebei, 2015.
4. Xu, X., Y. Bao, and H. Zhou, "Technology of smart noise jamming based on convolution modulation," Modern Radar, Vol. 29, No. 5, 28-31, 2007.
5. Yang, Y., W. Zhang, and J. Yang, "Study on frequency-shifting jamming to linear frequency modulation pulse compression radars," Proc. of 2009 International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing, 1-5, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 2009.
6. Qiu, J., "A study on relationship between smart noise jamming and SLB," Modern Radar, Vol. 34, No. 8, 55-59, 2012.
7. Feng, M., et al., "Effects of adaptive sidelobe canceling against smart noise jamming," Modern Defence Technology, Vol. 42, No. 3, 25-30, 2014.
8. Lu, G., S. Liao, S. Luo, and B. Tang, "Cancellation of complicated DRFM range false targets via temporal pulse diversity," Progress in Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 16, No. 6, 69-84, 2010.
9. Luo, S. and B. Tang, "An algorithm of deception jamming suppression based on blind signal separation," J. Electron. Inf. Technol., Vol. 33, No. 12, 2801-2806, 2011.
10. Sparrow, M. J. and J. Cikalo, "ECM techniques to counter pulse compression radar," United States Patent, 7081846, 2006.
11. Sun, M. and B. Tang, "Suppression of smeared spectrum ECM signal," J. Chin. Inst. Eng., Vol. 32, No. 3, 407-413, 2009.
12. Wang, N., et al., "A signal cancellation method based on multiple parameters estimation," Proc. of 2014 International Conference on Signal Processing, 2068-2072, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 2014.
13. Ren, J., et al., "Repeater jamming suppression technology based on HHT," Proc. of 2016 IEEE Radar Conference, 1-5, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2016.