In this letter, a new coplanar waveguide (CPW)-fed monopole antenna with equilateral-triangular shape is presented and experimentally investigated. The structure under study generates three different center frequencies corresponding to the lower, middle, and upper bands for Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) and worldwide interoperability for microwave access (WiMAX) applications. The proposed antenna is analyzed using the Computer Simulation Technology (CST) Software. To validate the simulation results, an experimental prototype of the proposed design is fabricated, tested and measured. The experimental results show a good agreement with the simulated ones.
2. Naser-Moghadasi, M., R. Sadeghzadeh, L. Asadpor, and B. S. Virdee, "A small dual-band CPW-fed monopole antenna for GSM and WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 508-511, 2013.
3. Lu, Y. J., Y. W. Liu, and P. Hsu, "A hybrid design of printed antenna fed by coplanar waveguide with and without back conductor," IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 1597-1600, 2014.
4. Messaoudene, I., T. A. Denidni, and A. Benghalia, "Experimental investigations of ultra-wide-band antenna integrated with dielectric resonator antenna for cognitive radio applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 45, 33-42, 2013.
5. Niranjan, V., A. K. Saxena, and K. V. Srivastava, "CPW-fed slot patch antenna for 5.2/5.8GHz WLAN application," PIERS Proceedings, 1350-1352, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 27-30, 2012.
6. Naidu, P. V. and R. Kumar, "Design of a compact ACS-fed dual band antenna for Bluetooth/WLAN and WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 55, 63-72, 2014.
7. Sun, X. L., L. Liu, S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Dual band antenna with compact radiator for 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN applications," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, 5924-5931, 2012.
8. Liu, H.-W., C.-H. Ku, and C.-F. Yang, "Novel CPW-fed planar monopole antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications," Antennas And Wireles Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 240-243, 2010.
9. Wu, A. M.-T. and M.-L. Chuang, "Multibroadband slotted bow-tie monopole antenna," Antennas and Wireles Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 887-890, 2015.
10., , http://www.cst.com/Content/Products/MWS/Overview.asp.