A novel substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) planar diplexer with very extremely high isolation is presented. It is formed by two quarter mode substrate integrated waveguide (QMSIW) cavity resonators which are designed individually and combined through a T-juction. The diplexer channels are 13% and 15% relative bandwidths at 2.35 GHz and 3.5 GHz, respectively. Inband return losses are better than 22 dB and 25 dB, and the insertion losses are 0.8 dB and 0.5 dB, in the lower and higher channels. The isolation between the two channels is lower than -42 dB, indicating enough isolation between the two channels. The measured results of the fabricated diplexer agree well with the simulated ones.
2. Hao, Z. C., W. Hong, J. X. Chen, X. P. Chen, and K. Wu, "Planner diplexer for microwave integrated circuits," IEE Proc. Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 152, No. 6, 455-459, 2005.
3. Kordiboroujeni, Z., J. Bornemann, and T. Sieverding, "K-band substrate integrated waveguide T-junction diplexer design by mode-matching techniques," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conf., 1297-1299, Nov. 2014.
4. Tang, H. J., W. Hong, J. X. Chen, G. Q. Luo, and K. Wu, "Development of millimeter-wave planar diplexer based on complementary characters of dual-mode substrate integrated waveguide filters with circular and elliptic cavities," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 1, 776-782, Jan. 2007.
5. Kordiboroujeni, Z. and J. Bornemann, "Mode-matching analysis and design of substrate integrated waveguide T-junction diplexer and corner filter," Int. J. Number. Model, Vol. 28, No. 5, 497-507, 2015.
6. Kordiboroujeni, Z. and J. Bornemann, "Mode matching design of substrate integrated waveguide diplexer," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp., 1-3, Seattle, WA, USA, Jun. 2013.
7. Jin, C. and Z. Shen, "Compact triple-mode filter based on quarter-mode substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 62, No. 1, 37-45, Jan. 2014.
8. Guo, Z., K.-S. Chin, W. Che, and C.-C. Chang, "Cross-coupled bandpass filters using QMSIW cavities and S-shaped slot coupling structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 2, 160-167, 2013.
9. Wu, Y.-D., G. H. Li, W. Yang, and X. Yang, "Design of compact wideband QMSIW band-pass filter with improved stopband," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 65, 75-79, 2017.
10. Sirci, S., J. D. Martinez Perez, J. J. Vague Cardona, and B. Esbert, "Substrate integrated waveguide diplexer based on circular triplet combline filters," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 7, 430-432, Jul. 2015.
11. Dong, Y. and T. Itoh, "Substrate integrated waveguide loaded by complementary split-ring resonators for miniaturized diplexer design," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 1, 10-12, Jan. 2011.
12. Garcia-Lamperez, A., M. Salazar-Palma, and S.-H. Yeung, "SIW compact diplexer," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., 1-4, Jun. 2014.
13. Cheng, F., X. Lin, K. Song, Y. Jiang, and Y. Fan, "Compact diplexer with high isolation using the dual-mode substrate integrated waveguide resonator," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 9, 459-461, Sep. 2013.