We present an angular stable dual-band frequency selective surface (FSS) in this paper. By placing anchor-shaped elements with different structural parameters along x-axis alternately within hexagonal wire grid, the proposed FSS can provide two closely spaced passbands. And the resonant frequency ratios are only 1.16 and 1.19 for TE and TM polarizations, respectively. In addition, the proposed FSS has stable frequency response under oblique incidence, and resonant frequency deviation is below 0.5% within 60° incident angle. An FSS prototype is fabricated and measured for further verification, and good agreements between the simulated and measured results can be observed.
2. Yan, M., et al., "A tri-band, highly selective, bandpass FSS using cascaded multilayer loop array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 64, No. 5, 2046-2049, 2016.
3. Hill, R. A. and B. A. Munk, "The effect of perturbating a frequency selective surface and its relation to the design of a dual-band surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag, Vol. 44, No. 3, 368-374, 1996.
4. Werner, D. H. and D. Lee, "Design of dual-polarised multiband frequency selective surfaces using fractal elements," Electron. Lett., Vol. 36, No. 6, 487-488, 2000.
5. Hu, X.-D., et al., "A miniaturized dual-band frequency selective surface (FSS) with closed loop and its complementary pattern," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 1374-1377, 2009.
6. Wu, T. K. and S. W. Lee, "Multiband frequency selective surface with multi-ring patch elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 42, No. 11, 1484-1490, Nov. 1994.
7.. Gao, M., S. M. A. M. H. Abadi, and N. Behdad, "A dual-band, inductively-coupled miniaturized-element frequency selective surface with higher-order bandpass response," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 64, No. 8, 3729-3734, 2016.
8. Chiu, C. N. and W. Y. Wang, "A dual-frequency miniaturized-element FSS with closely located resonances," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 163-165, 2013.
9. Sivasamy, R. and M. Kanagasabai, "A novel dual-band angular independent FSS with closely spaced frequency response," IEEE Microw.Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 5, 298-300, 2015.
10. Xu, R., H. Zhao, Z. Zong, and W. Wu, "Dual-band capacitive loaded frequency selective surfaces with close band spacing," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 12, 782-784, Dec. 2008.
11. Ghosh, S. and K. V. Srivastava, "An angularly stable dual-band fss with closely spaced resonances using miniaturized unit cell," IEEE Microw.Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 3, 218-220, 2017.
12. Huang, F. C., et al., "Very closely located dual-band frequency selective surfaces via identical resonant elements," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 414-417, 2015.
13. Costa, F., A. Monorchio, and G. Manara, "Efficient analysis of frequency selective surfaces by a simple equivalent circuit approach," IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., Vol. 54, No. 4, 35-48, Apr. 2012.
14. Wang, D. S., Y. M. Chang, W. Q. Che, and Y. L. Chow, "Miniaturized dual-band loaded frequency selective surface with narrow band spacing," Proc. ICMMT, Vol. 5, Shenzhen, China, May 2012.