A hexagonal fractal antenna is presented for satellite navigation applications in this paper. The geometry of the antenna is inspired by the Sierpinski carpet and has compact dimensions, improved bandwidth, good radiation pattern due to the self-similar property of fractal geometry. The bandwidth ranging from 1.54 GHz to 1.61 GHz can work at L1 band of GPS and B1 band of Beidou satellite navigation system. The simulated and measured gains show a good agreement over the bandwidth.
2. Irteza, S., et al., "Four-element compact planar antenna array for robust satellite navigation systems," IEEE 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2013), Gothenburg, Sweden, Apr. 2013.
3. Sawant, K. K. and C. R. Suthikshn Kumar, "CPW Fed Hexagonal Micro Strip Fractal Antenna for UWB Wireless Communications," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU), Elsevier Publications, No. 69, 31-38, 2015.
4. Azari, A., "A new super wideband fractal microstrip antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 5, 1724-1728, 2013.
5. Azaro, R., F. Viani, L. Lizzi, E. Zeni, and A. Massa, "A monopolar quad-band antenna based on a Hilbert self-affine prefractal geometry," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 177-180, 2009.
6. Choukiker, Y. K., S. K. Sharma, and S. K. Behera, "Hybrid fractal shape planar monopole antenna covering multiband wireless communications with MIMO implementation for handheld mobile devices," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1483-1488, 2014.
7. Singhal, S., A. K. Singh, and , "CPW-fed hexagonal Sierpinski super wideband fractal antenna," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 10, No. 15, 1701-1707, 2016.
8. Potapov, A. A., "The base of fractal antenna theory and applications: Utilizing in electronic devices," 2013 IX International Conference on Antenna Theory and Techniques (ICATT), 62, 67, Sept. 16-20, 2013.
9. Mondal, T., S. Samanta, R. Ghatak, and S. R. Bhadra Chaudhuri, "A novel tri-band hexagonal microstrip patch antenna using modified Sierpinski fractal for vehicular communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 57, 25-34, 2015.
10. Hsieh, W.-T., T.-H. Chang, and J.-F. Kiang, "Dual-band circularly polarized cavity-backed annular slot antenna for GPS receiver," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 4, 2076-2080, 2012.
11. Xie, L., Y. Li, and Y. Zheng, "A wide axial-ratio beamwidth circularly polarized microstrip antenna," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband (ICUWB), 1-4, 2016.
12. Chen, K., J. Yuan, and X. Luo, "Compact dual-band dual circularly polarized annular-ring patch antenna for BeiDou navigation satellite system application," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 11, No. 8, 1079-1085, 2017.