This letter presents a two-port dual-band multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) antenna, which is achieved based on a non-radiation passive circuit. The circuit is composed of two pairs of open-ended stubs and a transmission line connecting them. The decoupling condition of S21 = 0 is deduced, thus a good isolation is achieved. Then this non-radiation circuit is further designed to be a structure with enough radiation without affecting the character of port isolation. Since the implementation of port isolation does not adopt complex decoupling network or decoupling structure, the process of design is simple and effective. The simulation and physical demonstration obtain good agreements for the proposed dual-band MIMO antenna.
2. Khan, M. S., M. F. Shafique, A. Naqvi, A. D. Capobianco, B. Ijaz, and B. D. Braaten, "A miniaturized dual-band diversity antenna for WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 958-961, 2015.
3. Li, J. F., Q. X. Chu, and T. G. Huang, "A compact wideband MIMO antenna with two novel bent slits," IEEE Antennasand Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 60, No. 2, 482-489, 2012.
4. Payandehjoo, K. and R. Abhari, "Employing EBG structures in multi-antenna systems for improving isolation and diversity gain," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1162-1165, 2009.
5. Zhao, L. Y., L. K. Yeung, and K. L. Wu, "A coupled resonator decoupling network for two-element compact antenna arrays in mobile terminals," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 5, 2767-2776, 2014.
6. Li, R. P., P.Wang, Q. Zheng, and R. Z.Wu, "Compact microstrip decoupling and matching network for two symmetric antennas," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 18, 1396-1398, 2015.
7. Meng, H. and K. L. Wu, "An LC decoupling network for two antennas working at low frequencies," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 7, 2321-2329, 2017.
8. Zhang, Y. L. and P. Wang, "Single ring two-port MIMO antenna for LTE applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 12, 998-1000, 2016.
9. Vaughan, R. G. and J. B. Andersen, "Antenna diversity in mobile communications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 36, No. 4, 149-172, 1987.