A wideband interdigital capacitor (WIDC) is proposed and verified. By short interconnecting the open ends of interval fingers with microstrip lines etched on PCB bottom layer, the spurious spikes that limit the bandwidth of conventional interdigital capacitor (IDC) are eliminated. The bandwidth and capacitance of IDC increase more than 2800% and 100%, respectively.
2. Zhou, B., W. Sheng, and Y. Zheng, "Miniaturized and wideband lumped LTCC branch-line coupler for dozens of megahertz applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, No. 9, 2001-2005, 2014.
3. Brzezina, G., L. Roy, and L. M. Eachern, "Design enhancement of miniature lumped-element LTCC bandpass filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 4, 815-823, 2009.
4. Hoft, M. and T. Shimamura, "Design of symmetric trisection filters for compact low-temperature co-fired ceramic realization," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 58, No. 1, 165-175, 2010.
5. Brzezina, G. and L. Roy, "Miniaturized 180 circ hybrid coupler in LTCC for L-band applications," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 5, 336-338, 2014.
6. Casares-Miranda, F. P., P. Otero, E. Marquez-Segura, and C. Camacho-Penalosa, "Wire bonded interdigital capacitor," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 10, 700-702, 2005.
7. Page, J. E., E. Marquez-Segura, F. P. Casares-Miranda, J. Esteban, P. Otero, and C. Camacho-Penalosa, "Exact analysis of the wire-bonded multiconductor transmission line," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 8, 1585-1592, 2007.
8. Zhou, B., K. Liu, J. Cheng, and Y. Ji, "Capacitor structure and capacitor using the same U.S. patent application,", US 2016/0381797, 2016.