Influence of surface impedance on radiation fields of spherical antennas excited by radially oriented electric dipole is investigated by using a Green's function for a space outside a spherical scatterer. This approach allows us to obtain analytical expressions for radiation fields of an impedance spherical antenna in the wave zone. The spherical antenna with the scatterer coated with a metamaterial layer is also considered. The surface impedance required for radiomasking of the spherical scatterer of resonant dimensions was estimated by mathematical modeling.
2. Bolle, D. M. and M. D. Morganstern, "Monopole and conic antennas on spherical vehicles," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 17, 477-484, 1969.
3. Tesche, F. M., R. E. Neureuther, and R. E. Stovall, "The analysis of monopole antennas located on a spherical vehicle: Part 2, Numerical and experimental results," IEEE Trans. EMC, Vol. 18, 8-15, 1976.
4. Ock, J. S. and H. J. Eom, "Radiation of a Hertzian dipole in a slotted conducting sphere," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 57, 3847-3851, 2009.
5. Rezunenko, V. A., S. V. Roshchupkin, and E. I. Radchenko, "Diffraction field of the vertical dipole from sphere with aperture, screening by the dielectric layer," Proc. Int. Conf. ICATT’2007, 128-130, 2007.
6. Li, L.-W., T. Fei, Q. Wu, and T.-S. Yeo, "Convergence acceleration for calculatingradiated fields by a vertical electric dipole in the presence of a large sphere," Proc. IEEE AP Int. Symp., 117-120, 2005.
7. Amin, M., "Scattered fields by a sphere present in near field of a Hertz dipole," Proc. Int. Conf. INMIC’2001, 165-172, 2001.
8. Penkin, D. Yu., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, M. V. Nesterenko, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, "Electrodynamic haracteristics of a radial impedance vibrator on a perfect conduction sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 62, 137-151, 2015.
9. Penkin, Yu. M. and V. A. Katrich, Excitation of Electromagnetic Waves in the Volumes with Coordinate Boundaries, Fakt, Kharkov, 2003 (in Russian).
10. Abramowits, M. and I. A. Stegun (Editor-In-Chief), Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs and Mathematical Tables, National Bureau of Standards, Applied Mathematics Series-55, 1964.
11. Yoshitomi, K., "Radiation from a slot in an impedance surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 49, 1370-1376, 2001.
12. Berdnik, S. L., V. A. Katrich, V. I. Kiyko, M. V. Nesterenko, and Yu. M. Penkin, "Power characteristics of a T-junction of rectangular waveguides with multi-element monopole-slotted coupling structure," Telecommunication and Radio Engineering, Vol. 75, 489-506, 2016.
13. Lagarkov, A. N., V. N. Semenenko, A. A. Basharin, and A. Lagarkov, "Abnormal radiation pattern of metamaterial waveguide," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 6, 641-644, 2008.