In this paper, a new microstrip balanced-to-balanced diplexer is presented and investigated. The proposed diplexer primarily consists of two balanced bandpass filter paths, and each balanced filter path can be designed independently based on two identical stub-loaded triple-mode resonators. It should be mentioned that no extra matching networks are required at the common balanced input port in the design. For demonstration, a prototype balanced-to-balanced diplexer operating at 2.30 and 2.83 GHz is designed, fabricated and measured with 3-dB fractional bandwidths of 13.0% and 13.4%. Both simulated and measured results are provided in satisfactory agreement.
2. Srisathit, S., S. Patisang, R. Phromloungsri, S. Bunnjaweht, S. Kosulvit, and M. Chongcheawchamnan, "High isolation and compact size microstrip hairpin diplexer," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 15, No. 2, 101-103, 2005.
3. Xia, B., L. S. Wu, and J. F. Mao, "A new balanced-to-balanced power divider/combiner," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, No. 9, 2791-2798, 2012.
4. Feng, W. J., W. Q. Che, and Q. Xue, "The proper balance: overview of microstrip wideband balance circuits with wideband common mode suppression," IEEE Microw. Mag., Vol. 16, No. 5, 55-68, 2015.
5. Chan, H.-L., C.-H. Lee, and Chung-I G. Hsu, "Balanced dual-band diplexer design using microstrip and slot-line resonators," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, Vol. 3, 1-3, 2015.
6. Lee, C.-H., C.-I. G. Hsu S.-X. Wu, and P.-H. Wen, "Balanced quad-band diplexer with wide common-mode suppression and high differential-mode isolation," IET Microw. Antenna P., Vol. 10, No. 6, 599-603, 2016.
7. Lobato-Morales, H. S., J. S. Sun, A. Corona-Chavez, T. Itoh, and J. L. Olvera-Cervantes, "UWB and WiLAN microstrip diplexer for differential-mode operation," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 1-3, 2012.
8. Zhou, Y. G., H. W. Deng, and Y. Zhao, "Compact balanced-to-balanced microstrip diplexer with high isolation and Common-Mode suppression," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 24, No. 3, 143-145, 2014.
9. Jiang, W., Y. Huang, T.Wang, Y. Peng, and G. Wang, "Microstrip balanced quad-channel diplexer using dual-open/short-stub loaded resonator," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp., 1-3, 2016.
10. Arbelaez-Nieto, A., J. Olvera-Cervantes, and A. Corona-Chavez, "A novel via-free microstrip balanced-to-balanced diplexer for narrow-band applications," Microw. Opt. Techn. Let., Vol. 57, No. 3, 567-570, 2015.
11. Chen, C.-F., T.-M. Shen, T.-Y. Huang, and R.-B. Wu, "Design of compact quadruplexer based on the tri-mode net-type resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 10, 534-536, 2011.
12. Chen, C.-F., "Design of a compact microstrip quint-band filter based on the tri-mode stub-loaded stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 22, No. 7, 357-359, 2012.