A broadband high-efficiency rectifier with shunt-diode circuit topological structure is presented in this paper. By utilizing the two-level impedance match network, the rectifier can achieve a high microwave-direct current (mw-dc) conversion efficiency within a broad range of operation bandwidth. A stepped microstrip line and a cross-shaped microstrip stub as two-level match network is designed to extend the operation bandwidth. A cross-shaped stub connected to the capacitances act as a dc-pass filter to block the fundamental frequency wave and the high order harmonics and further improve mw-dc efficiency within a broad bandwidth. Experimental results show that the peak conversion efficiency is 80.3% at the frequency of 1.9 GHz when the input power is 22 dBm. When the input power is 19.5 dBm, the bandwidth of efficiency higher than 70% is 40% (1.80 GHz-2.72 GHz). This rectifier has the characteristics of low profile and easy integration, which is suitable for RFIDs, WSNs, and other applications.
2. Cheng, H. W., T. C. Yu, and C. H. Luo, "Direct current driving impedance matching method for rectenna using medical implant communication service band for wireless battery charging," IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 7, No. 4, 277-282, 2013.
3. Ge, J. J. and L. Jin, "A modified rectenna for Ka band wireless power transmission," International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design, 185-188, 2015.
4. Lu, J. J., et al., "A four-band rectifier with adaptive power for electromagnetic energy harvesting," IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 26, No. 10, 819-821, 2016.
5. Sun, H. and G. Wen, "A new rectenna with all-polarization-receiving capability for wireless power transmission," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 814-817, 2016.
6. Huang, W., B. Zhang, X. Chen, K.-M. Huang, and C.-J. Liu, "Study on an S-band rectenna array for wireless microwave power transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 747-758, 2013.
7. Nie, M. J., et al., "A compact 2.45GHz broadband rectenna using grounded coplanar waveguide,”," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 986-989, 2015.
8. Wang, D., M. D. Wei, and R. Negra, "Design of a broadband microwave rectifier from 40MHz to 4740 MHz using high impedance inductor," Microwave Conference, 1010-1012, 2015.
9. Nie, M. J., et al., "A broadband rectifying circuit with high efficiency for microwave power transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 52, 135-139, 2015.
10. Sakaki, H. and K. Nishikawa, "Broadband rectifier design based on quality factor of input matching circuit," Microwave Conference, 1205-1207, 2015.
11. Wu, p., et al., "A C-band microwave rectifier based on harmonic termination and with input filter removed," Wireless Power Transfer Conference, 2017.
12. Zhang, X. Y., Z. X. Du, and Q. Xue, "High-efficiency broadband rectifier with wide ranges of input power and output load based on branch-line coupler," IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems I Regular Papers, Vol. 64, No. 3, 731-739, 2017.