In this paper, a broadband transition structure from microstrip line to slotline with band-notched characteristic is proposed. To match the 50 Ω microstrip line, 4 Chebyshev impedance transformations are used in the transition structure, and its bandwidth is widened. There is a fan-shaped radial line at the microstrip terminal. A U-shaped slot is etched on the microstrip line with stepped impedance matching to achieve band-notch characteristic. By changing the length of the slot, the band notch is realized at different frequencies. Simulation and optimization of the transition structure are made by using the high frequency simulation software HFSS in this paper to achieve the band-notch function at 3.37-3.84 GHz and 10.67-11.14 GHz. In the rest of the band, return loss S11 is less than -15 dB, and voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR) is less than 1.5.
2. Wang, S.-J., et al., "Band-notched UWB bandpass filters with microstrip-toslotline cross-junction transitions," Chinese Journal of Electron Devices, Vol. 39, No. 6, 522-525, 2016.
3. Wu, J.-F. and J.-S. Li, "Compact ultra-wideband antenna with 3.5/5.5GHz dual band-notched characteristic," IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, 446-450, 2013.
4. Sharma, A. and M. M. Sharma, An UWB antenna design with dual band notched characteristic using U-shaped slots, International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC), 470-473, 2016.
5. Mewara, H. S., et al., Bandwidth enhancement of compact rectangular monopole UWB antenna using M-shaped strip with triple band notch characteristic, International Conference on Computer, Communications and Electronics (Comptelix), 265-270, 2017.
6. Liao, J.-J., et al., Design of planar antenna with a band-notched characteristic for UWB application, IEEE International Conference on Communication Problem- Solving (ICCP), 47-50, 2015.
7. Jung, J., H. Lee, and Y. Lim, "Compact band-notched ultra-wideband antenna with parasitic elements," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 19, 1104-1106, 2008.
8. Pan, C.-Y., et al., Planar band-notched ultra-wideband monopole antenna using single open-circuited stub, Microwave Conference, 1962-1964, 2009.
9. Wang, N.-B., et al., "A Simple low-loss broadband 1–14 GHz microstrip-toslotline transition," Microwave Opt. Technol. Letters, Vol. 51, No. 9, 2236-2239, 2010.
10. Zhang, Y.-C., B.-Z. Wang, and J. Hong, "Lumped-element microstrip-to-slotline transition," Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, No. 22, 1419-1420, 2004.
11. Chaudhary, G., et al., Analysis and circuit modeling method for defected microstrip structure in planar transmission lines, Microwave Conference, 999-1002, 2012.