This paper discusses the spectrum relation in Multiple-Input-Multiple-Output (MIMO) structures and presents an imaging algorithm for sparse linear MIMO array for short range imaging. This algorithm is available for MIMO array consisted by transmit and receive arrays separated from each other. The wave propagation process is used to interpret the spectrum relation in linear MIMO structures; therefore, the convolution relation of spectrum can be clearly understood. Moreover, the spectrum shift effect in linear MIMO structure with separated transmit and receive arrays is discussed and solved according to the spectrum relation. Above all, the imaging algorithm for sparse linear MIMO structure is presented, and the image performance is demonstrated by simulation results.
2. Tarchi, D., F. Oliveri, and P. F. Sammartino, "MIMO radar and ground-based SAR imaging systems: Equivalent approaches for remote sensing," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 51, No. 1, 425-435, 2013.
3. Klare, J., et al., "Environmental monitoring with the imaging MIMO radars MIRA-CLE andMIRACLE X," 2010 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), IEEE, 2010.
4. Bertl, S., et al., "Multi-channel MMW-systems for short range applications," 2012 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), IEEE, 2012.
5. Li, J. and P. Stoica, MIMO Radar Signal Processing, Wiley-IEEE Press, Hoboken, NJ, 2008.
6. Lopez-Sanchez, J. M. and J. Fortuny-Guasch, "3-D radar imaging using range migration techniques," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 48, No. 5, 728-737, May 2000.
7. Ralston, T. S., G. L. Charvat, and J. E. Peabody, "Real-time through-wall imaging using an ultra wideband Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) phased array radar system," IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology, 551-558, IEEE, 2010.
8. Klare, J. and O. Saalmann, "MIRA-CLE X: A new imaging MIMO-radar for multi-purpose applications," Radar Conference, 129-132, IEEE, 2010.
9. Du, L., Y. Wang, W. Hong, W. Tan, and Y. Wu, "A three-dimensional range migration algorithm for downward-looking 3D-SAR with single-transmitting and multiple-receiving linear array antennas," EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2010, No. 1, 1-15, 2010.
10. Yang, J., X. Shang, and Z. P. Li, "Range migration techniques for short-range MIMO array imaging," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 64, 111-117, 2016.