A modified three-way in-phase equal Gysel power divider/combiner (PDC) and a method for implementation this novel three-way Gysel PDC on plane structure are proposed in this article. To obtain accurate values of the line impedance,the derivation of the exact equations is based on even-odd mode analysis. An experimental prototype is realized. The results show that this three-way Gysel PDC has good matching, isolation and magnitude-phase balances with high power handling capabilities.
2. Wilkinson, E. J., "An N-way hybrid power divider," IRE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 8, No. 1, 116-118, 2003.
3. Iden, F. W. and G. P. Scherer, Cylindrical mode power divider/combiner with isolation, US, US4163955, 1979.
4. Plonka, R. J., N-way power combiner/divider, US, US5164689A, 1992.
5. Guan, J., L. Zhang, , Z. Sun, Y. Leng, and Y. Peng, "Designing power divider by combining Wilkinson and Gysel structure," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 13, 769-770, 2012.
6. Abbasi Arand, B., M. Amrollahzadeh, and S. Kamalzadeh, "A wide-band Gysel power divider/combiner based on a modified marchand balun," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 2017.
7. Wang, X., K. L. Wu, and W. Y. Yin, "A compact Gysel power divider with unequal power-dividing ratio using one resistor," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 7, 1480-1486, 2014.
8. Zhang, H., et al., "Compact wideband Gysel power divider with arbitrary power division based on patch type structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, No. 5, 395-406, 2011.
9. Sun, Z., et al., "Design of unequal dual-band Gysel power divider with arbitrary termination resistance," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 8, 1955-1962, 1955.
10. Guan, J., et al., "Modified Gysel power divider with harmonic suppression performance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 31, 255-269, 2012.
11. Roshani, S, P. Siahkamari, and H. Siahkamari, "Compact, harmonic suppressed Gysel power divider with plain structure," Frequenz, Berlin, 2016.
12. Oraizi, H. and A. R. Sharifi, "Optimum design of asymmetrical multisection two-way power dividers with arbitrary power division and impedance matching," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 6, 1478-1490, 2011.
13. Chen, M. H., "A 19-way isolated power divider via the TE/sub 01/circular waveguide mode transition," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, Vol. 86, No. 1, 511-513, 1986.