A novel miniature microstrip-fed multiband antenna for wireless local area network (WLAN) and X-band satellite communication applications is presented in this paper. The proposed antenna consists of two arc-shaped strips, dual inverted L-shaped parasitic stubs and a partial ground plane. The proposed antenna can excite multi-resonant modes while achieving a compact size of 18×34.5×0.8 mm3. The measurement results show that -10 dB impedance bandwidths are 290 MHz (2.28-2.57 GHz), 1.27 GHz (5.0-6.27 GHz), and 850 MHz (7.11-7.96 GHz), which can cover the entire operation frequencies of WLAN (2.48-2.4835 GHz, 5.15-5.875 GHz) and X-band satellite communication system (7.25-7.75 GHz) applications.
2. Dong, X., Z. Liao, J. Xu, Q. Cai, and G. Liu, "Multiband and wideband planar antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 46, 101-106, 2014.
3. Rooyen, M. V., J. W. Odendaal, and J. Joubert, "High-gain directional antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 286-289, 2017.
4. Yoon, J. H. and Y. C. Rhee, "Modified three-circular-ring monopole antenna for WiMAX/WLAN triple-band operations," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, No. 3, 625-631, 2014.
5. Sharma, A., P. Ranjan, and R. K. Gangwar, "Multiband cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna for WLAN/WiMAX application," Electron. Lett., Vol. 53, No. 3, 132-134, Feb. 2017.
6. Abdulraheem, Y. I., G. A. Oguntala, A. S. Abdullah, H. J. Mohammed, R. A. Ali, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, and J. M. Noras, "Design of frequency reconfigurable multiband compact antenna using two PIN diodes for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propag., Vol. 11, No. 8, 1098-1105, May 2017.
7. Chen, S., M. Fang, D. Dong, M. Han, and G. Liu, "Compact multiband antenna for GPS/WiMAX/WLAN applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 8, 1769-1773, Aug. 2015.
8. Cui, Y. H., L. Yang, B. Y. Liu, and R. L. Li, "Multiband planar antenna for LTE/GSM/UMTS and WLAN/WiMAX handsets," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 10, No. 5, 502-506, 2016.
9. Liu, G., M. Fang, R. Zhi, J. Bai, and Z. Zeng, "Compact CPW-fed multiband antenna for TDLTE/WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 65, 9-14, 2017.
10. Pandeeswari, R., "Complimentary split ring resonator inspired meandered CPW-fed monopole antenna for multiband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 80, 13-20, 2018.