A very simple design method to embed routing capabilities in classical corrugated filters is presented in this paper. The method is based on the calculation of the heights and lengths of the so-called filters design building blocks, by means of a consecutive and separate extraction of their local reflection coefficients along the device. The proposed technique is proved with a 17th-order Zolotarev-filter whose topology is bent twice so that the input and output ports are in the same plane while preserving the in-line filters behaviour. This new filter allows the possibility of eliminating subsequent bending structures, reducing the insertion loss, weight, and PIM.
2. Avramis, E., et al., Cross-polar and Co-polar Transceiver, U.S. Patent 7474173 B2, Jun. 27, 2006.
3. Laidig, D., et al., Integrated Waveguide Transceiver, U.S. Patent 8433257 B2, Apr. 30, 2013.
4. Wolf, H., et al., "Satellite multi-beam antennas at airbus defense and space: State of the art and trends," Proc. EuCAP, 182-185, 2014.
5. Wang, J., et al., "A wideband waveguide diplexer for the extend c-band antenna systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 69, 73-82, 2016.
6. Cameron, R., et al., Microwave Filters for Communication Systems: Fundamentals, Design and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2007.
7. Teberio, F., et al., "Accurate design of corrugated waveguide low-pass filters using exclusively closed form expressions," Proc. Eur. Microw. Conf., 182-185, 2017.
8. Morini, A., et al., "Curved filters in rectangular waveguide," Proc. Eur. Microw. Conf., 182-185, 1996.
9. Carceller, C., et al., "Design of hybrid folded rectangular waveguide filters with transmission zeros below the passband," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 64, No. 2, 475-485, 2016.
10. Levy, R., "Inhomogeneous stepped-impedance corrugated waveguide low-pass filters," IEEE MTT-S Digest, 2005.