A pair of broadband double-sided parallel-strip line (DSPSL) to coplanar waveguide (CPW) vertical transitions are presented. The transitions are composed of CPW open end with connected grounds forming two strips of the DSPSL with single via connection. The connected grounds of CPW, which forms top strip of the DSPSL are of two dierent shapes resulting in two transitions (Types 1 & 2). Simulated results for the back-to-back transitions, using the multilayer solver of CST Microwave Studio, show good agreement with the measured ones.
2. Chen, J. X., J. L. Li, and Q. Xue, "Novel via-less double-sided parallel-strip line to coplanar waveguide transition," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 48, No. 9, 1717-1718, 2006.
3. Zhang, X. Y., J. X. Chen, and Q. Xue, "Broadband transition between double-sided parallel-strip line and coplanar waveguide," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 2, 103-105, 2007.
4. Lu, W. J., H. Tong, Y. M. Bo, and H. B. Zhu, "Design and study of enhanced wideband transition between coplanar waveguide and broadside coupled stripline," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 7, No. 9, 715-721, 2013.
5. Kim, Y. G. and K. W. Kim, "Design of an ultra-wideband transition from double-sided parallel stripline to coplanar waveguide," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Article ID 921859, 8 pages, doi:10.1155/2013/921859, 2013.
6. Simons, R. A., Coplanar Waveguide Circuits, Components and Systems, IEEE Press, Wiley, 2001.
7. Sun, C.-G. and J.-L. Li, "Design of planar multi-way differential power division network using double-sided parallel stripline," Electron Letters, Vol. 53, No. 20, 1364-1366, 2017.
8. Bo, L. W., X. Q. Lin, and F. Cheng, "Electric split-ring resonator based on double-sided parallel-strip line," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 69-71, 2013.
9. Zhong, Z. W., Y. X. Li, Z. X. Liang, and Y. L. Long, "Biplanar monopole with DSPSL feed and coupling line for broadband mobile phone," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 1326-1329, 2012.
10. Carro, P. L. and J. Mingo, "Analysis and synthesis of double-sided parallel-strip transitions," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 58, No. 2, 372-380, 2010.
11. Kumar, B. P. and G. R. Branner, "Optimized design of unique miniaturized planar baluns for wireless applications," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 13, No. 3, 134-136, 2003.
12. Staiculescu, D., N. Bushyager, A. Obatoyinbo, L. J. Martin, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Design and optimization of 3-D compact stripline and microstrip Bluetooth/WLAN balun architectures using the design of experiments technique," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 5, 1805-1812, 2005.
13. Reiche, E. and F. H. Uhlmann, "Application of the FDTD for the optimization of broad-band transitions between different types of transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 38, No. 2, 593-596, 2002.