This letter presents an omnidirectional printed dipole antenna array with a wide bandwidth. The array is composed of four dipole units etched on a thin substrate, which is simple in structure and easy to be processed. By modifying the triangle-shaped radiation dipole units and gradually increasing the width of microstrip feeding transmission line, the performance of the dipole antenna array is greatly improved. Simulation results show that this omnidirectional antenna has a peak gain greater than 7.39 dBi, and the impedance bandwidth is 16% (VSWR<1.6), ranging from 2.3 to 2.7 GHz.
2. Lin, S., X. Liu, and X. Ma, "Design and analysis of broadband high-gain and omnidirectional printed antenna with radiated loads," IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 7, No. 8, 597-605, 2013.
3. Zong, H., et al., "Design and analysis of a coupling-fed printed dipole array antenna with high gain and omnidirectivity," IEEE Access, Vol. 99, No. 1, 2017.
4. Wei, K., Z. Zhang, W. Chen, and et al, "A triband shunt-fed omnidirectional planar dipole array," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, No. 1, 850-853, 2010.
5. Cheng, H., X. Yang, and Q. Song, "Design of an improved high-gain omnidirectional printed dipole antenna," IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband, 2016.
6. Chen, X., K. Huang, and X. B. Xu, "A novel planar slot array antenna with omnidirectional pattern," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 12, 4853-4857, 2011.
7. Davoud, Z. and A. Ali, "An omnidirectional printed collinear microstrip antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 75, 33-38, 2018.
8. Ji, G., J. Zhou, and Z. Kuai, "Several novel omnidirectional printed dipole antenna units for LTE-FDD/WCDMA system," IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Antennas and Propagation, Aug. 2012.
9. Zhong, S. S., Antenna Theory and Technology, Electronic Industry Press, Beijing, 2015.
10. Stutzman, W. L. and G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, Wiley, 2013.