This paper presents a narrow-band bandpass filter (NBBPF) using three cylindrical dielectric resonators (CDRs) placed on three rectangular metallic cavities (RMCs). Two U-shaped planar resonators located between RMCs are used to realize narrow-band response effectively. The 3 dB fractional bandwidth (FBW) of the proposed filter is 0.275%. The filter is designed for X-band (9.85 GHz), with 20 MHz bandwidth for radar, satellite, and medical accelerators applications. High Q-factor (Q-factor = 400) and low fabrication cost are other advantages of the proposed design. The proposed NBBPF was fabricated, and its performance was measured to verify the design. Good agreement between the measured and simulated data is obtained.
2. Chen, J. X., Y. Zhan, W. Qin, Z. H. Bao, and Q. Xue, "Analysis and design of balanced dielectric resonator bandpass filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 64, No. 5, 1476-1483, May 2016.
3. Pathak, D., S. K. Sharma, and V. S. Kushwah, "Investigation on circularly polarized ring dielectric resonator antenna for dual-band wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 62, 123-130, 2017.
4. Zhou, L., W. Y. Yin, J. Wang, and L. S. Wu, "Dielectric resonators with high Q-factor for tunable low phase noise oscillators," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 3, No. 6, 1008-1015, Jun. 2013.
5. Kumari, R. and R. K. Gangwar, "Circularly polarized cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna excited by dual conformal strips along with modified Wilkinson power divider for high gain application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 4, 908-913, Apr. 2013.
6. Mirzaei, M. and M. A. Honarvar, "Compact planar quad-band bandpass filter for application in GPS, WLAN, WiMAX and 5G WiFi," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 63, 115-121, 2016.
7. Honarvar, M. A. and R. A. Sadeghzadeh, "Design of coplanar waveguide ultrawideband bandpass filter using stub-loaded resonator with notched band," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 54, No. 9, 2056-2061, Sep. 2016.
8. Borhani, S. J., M. A. Honarvar, and B. S. Virdee, "Quad notched-band UWB BPF based on quintuple-mode resonator," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 9, No. 7, 1433-1439, Sep. 2017.
9. Zhou, L. H., J. X. Chen, and Q. Xue, "Design of compact coaxial-like bandpass filters using dielectric-loaded strip resonator," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 8, No. 3, 456-464, Mar. 2018.
10. Zhang, D. D., L. Zhou, L. S. Wu, L. F. Qiu, W. Y. Yin, and J. F. Mao, "Novel bandpass filters by using cavity-loaded dielectric resonators in a substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 5, 1173-1182, May 2014.
11. Chen, J. X., Y. Zhan, W. Qin, Z. H. Bao, and Q. Xue, "Novel narrow-band balanced bandpass filter using rectangular dielectric resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 25, No. 5, 289-291, May 2015.
12. Zhan, Y., J. Li, W. Qin, and J. X. Chen, "Low-loss differential bandpass filter using TE01δ-mode dielectric resonators," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 13, 1001-1003, Jun. 25, 2015.
13. Hunter, I. C., Theory and Design of Microwave Filters, The Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, UK, 2001.
14. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Ed., Wiley, New York, 2005.