In this article, a couple of monopole line-fed UWB antennas with different configurations are presented. Antenna shapes include a big circle overlapped with four small circles, and a two overlapped circles in the horizontal direction. Configurations include single element antenna, single element antenna with dual band reject filters, and polarization diversity antenna version. Measurements show that all antennas work well within almost the whole UWB. The polarization diversity version has a practical port isolation (S12 and S21) better than -15 dB, an Envelope Correlation Coefficient lower than 0.019 and a diversity gain higher than 9.96 dB.
2. Chen, Z. N., M. J. Ammann, X. M. Qing, X. H. Wu, T. S. P. See, and A. L. Cai, "Planar antennas," IEEE Microw. Mag., Vol. 7, 63-73, 2006.
3. Li, P., J. Liang, and X. D. Chen, "Study of printed elliptical/circular slot antennas for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 6, 1670-1675, 2006.
4. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S. O. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5 GHz band-rejection filter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 5, 1453-1460, 2006.
5. Chu, Q. X. and Y. Y. Yang, "3.5/5.5 GHz dual band-notch ultrawideband antenna," Electron. Letters, Vol. 44, No. 3, 172-174, 2008.
6. Ahmed, O. M. H. and A. R. Sebak, "A novel maple-leaf shaped UWB antenna with a 5.0-6.0 GHz band-notch characteristic ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 11, 39-49, 2009.
7. Chen, J., "Development of ultrawideband antenna with multiple band-notched characteristics using half mode substrate integrated waveguide cavity technology," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, 2894-2902, 2009.
8. Mishra, S. K. and J. Mukherjee, "Compact printed dual band-notched U-shaped UWB antenna," Progress In Electromagnetic Research C, Vol. 27, 169-181, 2012.
9. Wang, A., F. Zhenghe, and K.-M. Luk, "Pattern and polarization diversity antenna with high isolation for portable wireless devices," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Letters, Vol. 8, 209-211, 2009.
10. Zhu, Y., F.-S. Zhang, C. Lin, Q. Zhang, and J.-X. Huang, "A novel dual band-notched monopole antenna for ultra-wideband application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 109-117, 2010.
11. Zheng, Z.-A. and Q.-X. Chu, "Compact CPW-fed UWB antenna with dualband-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 11, 83-91, 2009.
12. Shi, R., X. Xu, J. Dong, and Q. Luo, "Design and analysis of a novel dualband-notched UWB antenna," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2014, Article ID 531959, 2014.
13. Chaabane, A., F. Djahli, and S. Redadaa, "A dual-band-notched antenna for UWB communication systems using two different shaped slots," Arab J. Sci. Eng., Vol. 39, 6215-6223, 2014.