A modified Gysel power divider with arbitrary power dividing ratio is proposed in this letter. The power dividing ratio of the proposed circuit is determined by both the electrical lengths and characteristic impedances of transmission lines. The proposed circuit is analyzed based on transmission line theory, and design equations are derived. For verification, two prototypes operating at 2 GHz with power dividing ratios of 1:1 and 4:1 are designed, fabricated and measured, respectively. The measured results are in good agreements with the simulated ones.
2. Wu, Y. L. and Y. A. Liu, "A modified Gysel power divider of arbitrary power ratio and real terminated impedances," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 11, 601-603, 2011.
3. Sun, Z., L. Zhang, Y. Liu, and X. Tong, "Modified Gysel power divider for dual-band applications," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 1, 16-18, 2011.
4. Sun, Z., L. Zhang, Y. P. Yan, and H. W. Yang, "Design of unequal dual-band Gysel power divider with arbitrary termination resistance," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 8, 1955-1962, 2011.
5. Park, M. J. and B. Lee, "A dual-band Gysel power divider with the even-mode input extension stub lines," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 53, No. 6, 1213-1216, 2011.
6. Lin, F., Q. X. Chu, and S. W. Wong, "A novel Gysel power divider design with uniform impedance transmission lines for arbitrary power-dividing ratios ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 2, 242-249, 2012.
7. Oraizi, H. and A. R. Sharifi, "Optimum design of a wideband two-way Gysel power divider with source to load impedance matching," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2238-2248, 2009.
8. Oraizi, H. and A. R. Sharifi, "Optimum design of asymmetrical multi-section two-way power dividers with arbitrary power division and impedance matching," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 6, 1478-1490, 2011.
9. Lin, F., Q. X. Chu, Z. Gong, and Z. Lin, "Compact broadband Gysel power divider with arbitrary power-dividing ratio using microstrip/slotline phase inverter," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, No. 5, 1226-1234, 2012.
10. Zhang, H., X.-W. Shi, F. Wei, and L. Xu, "Compact wideband Gysel power divider with arbitrary power division based on patch type structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 395-406, 2011.
11. Dai, G., X. Wei, E. Li, and M. Xia, "Novel dual-band out-of-phase power divider with high power-handling capability," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, No. 8, 2403-2409, 2012.
12. Lu, Y. L., G.-L. Dai, X. Wei, and E. Li, "A broadband out-of-phase power divider for high power applications using through ground via (TGV)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 653-667, 2013.
13. Chen, S. Y., Y. T. Yu, and M. C. Tang, "Planar out-of-phase Gysel power divider with high power splitting ratio," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 24, 2010-2012, 2015.
14. Wu, Y. L., Z. Zhuang, and Z. Ghassemlooy, "Generalized dual-band unequal filtering power divider with independently controllable bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 65, No. 10, 3838-3848, 2017.
15. Garcıa, R. G., D. Psychogiou, and D. Peroulis, "Fully-tunable filtering power dividers exploiting dynamic transmission-zero allocation," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 11, No. 3, 378-385, 2017.
16. Tang, C. W. and J. T. Chen, "A design of 3-dB wideband microstrip power divider with an ultra-wide isolated frequency band," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 64, No. 6, 1806-1811, 2016.
17. Jiao, L. X., Y. L.Wu, and A. A. Kishk, "Planar balanced-to-unbalanced in-phase power divider with wideband filtering response and ultra-wideband common-mode rejection," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, Vol. 65, No. 6, 1875-1886, 2018.
18. Wang, K. X., X. Y. Zhang, and B. J. Hu, "Gysel power divider with arbitrary power ratios and filtering responses using coupling structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 62, No. 3, 431-440, 2014.