A cavity-backed crossed bowtie dipole antenna for wideband circularly polarization (CP) is proposed in this letter. By introducing four inverted L-shaped parasitic elements with sequentially rotated angles, two extra CP modes areexcited, thus greatly broadening the 3-dB Axial-ratio (AR) bandwidth (BW) of the antenna. The proposed antenna is simulated, fabricated and measured. Results show that the antenna generates a 10-dB impedance bandwidth (IBW) of 91.4% (1.2-3.22 GHz) and a 3-dB AR bandwidth of 74.1% (1.37-2.95 GHz). In addition, the antenna achieves a unidirectional radiation pattern with a stable gain of 6.52-9.27 dBi over the whole CP operating band.
2. Ding, X., et al., "Broadband unidirectional printed antenna with quad-folded dipoles for circular polarization," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, 2871-2876, 2015.
3. Baik, J. W., et al., "Circularly polarised printed crossed dipole antennas with broadband axial ratio," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, 785-786, 2008.
4. Zhou, C. and S. W. Cheung, "High gain windmill-shaped CP antenna using high-order mode and ground-edge diffraction," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 99, 1-1, 2018.
5. Tran, H. H. and I. Park, "Wideband circularly polarized cavity-backed asymmetric crossed bowtie dipole antenna," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 358-361, 2016.
6. Qu, S. W., C. H. Chan, and Q. Xue, "Wideband and high-gain composite cavity-backed crossed triangular bowtie dipoles for circularly polarized radiation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 58, 3157-3164, 2010.
7. Tran, H. H., I. Park, and T. K. Nguyen, "Circularly polarized bandwidth-enhanced crossed dipole antenna with a simple single parasitic element," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 99, 1-1, 2017.
8. Baik, J. W., et al., "Broadband circularly polarized crossed dipole with parasitic loop resonators and its arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 59, 80-88, 2011.
9. Feng, G., et al., "Broadband circularly polarized crossed-dipole antenna with a single asymmetrical cross-loop," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 99, 1-1, 2017.
10. Wu, J., X. Ren, Z. Li, and Y.-Z. Yin, "Modified square slot antennas for broadband circular polarization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 38, 1-14, 2013.
11. Chen, J. and J. Row, "A simple design for slotted patch antennas with broadband circular polarization," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, 1854-1857, 2015.