In this paper, a compact printed monopole antenna for multiband communication application is designed and investigated. The multiband functionality is achieved by the combination of a rectangular radiating element with a pair of symmetrical meandered resonators.The proposed antenna works efficiently (>86%) with an optimally matching (VSWR<2) and adequate gain in the desired frequency bands centered at 4.27 GHz, 4.85 GHz and 6.45 GHz respectively. The prototype of the antenna is fabricated to validate effectiveness of the proposed design. A good agreement between simulated and measured results is observed.
2. Iqbal, A. and O. A. Saraereh, "A compact frequency reconfigurable monopole antenna for Wi-Fi/WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 68, 79-84, 2017.
3. Iqbal, A., S. Ullah, U. Naeem, A. Basir, and U. Ali, "Design, fabrication and measurement of a compact, frequency reconfigurable, modified T-shape planar antenna for portable applications," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 12, No. 4, 1611-1618, 2017.
4. Basar, M. R., M. A. Hossain, M. R. U. Hoque, and K. M. Morshed, "Compact dual l-slit slotted antenna for spacecraft, WLAN, Wi-Fi, and bluetooth application," 2012 7th International Conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering (ICECE), 706-708, IEEE, 2012.
5. Chouti, L., I. Messaoudene, T. A. Denidni, and A. Benghalia, "Triple-band CPW-fed monopole antenna for WLAN/WIMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 69, 1-7, 2017.
6. Fan, S.-T., Y.-Z. Yin, H. Li, S.-J. Wei, X.-H. Li, and L. Kang, "A novel tri-band printed monopole antenna with an etched ∩-shaped slot and a parasitic ring resonator for WLAN and WIMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 61-68, 2010.
7. Boukarkar, A., X. Q. Lin, Y. Jiang, and Y. Q. Yu, "Miniaturized single-feed multiband patch antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 2, 850-854, 2017.
8. Song, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, H. Zhao, Z. Zhang, Z.-B. Weng, and F.-S. Zhang, "Compact printed monopole antenna for multiband wlan applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 2, 365-367, 2008.
9. Jing, S., Y. Yin, A. Sun, Y. Wei, and Y. Yang, "Compact E-shaped monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications," 2011 IEEE International Conference on Microwave Technology & Computational Electromagnetics (ICMTCE), 305-308, IEEE, 2011.
10. Panda, J. R. and R. S. Kshetrimayum, "A printed F-shaped dual-band monopole antenna for rfid and wlan applications," 2010 International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT), 789-791, IEEE, 2010.
11. Elavarasi, C. and T. Shanmuganantham, "SRR loaded CPW-fed multiple band rose flower-shaped fractal antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 7, 1720-1724, 2017.
12. Han, W., F. Yang, J. Ouyang, and P. Yang, "Epsilon-negative transmission-line-based annular-ring-loaded circular microstrip antenna with improved performances," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1799-1802, 2016.
13. Dawar, P., N. Raghava, and A. De, "Ultra wide band, multi-resonance antenna using swastika metamaterial," Int. Jo. of Microw. and Optic Techn., Vol. 11, 413-420, 2016.
14. Corporation, A., Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulation (HFSS), Version 13, 2010.