A concept of an experimental simulator for studying longitudinal magnetic waves in dielectric samples and its electrodynamic justification are presented. The simulator is intended to control impact power and frequencies of wave processes. The simulator is realized as a two-channel junction consisting of perpendicularly crossed infinite rectangular waveguides with slot coupling. The simulation process is based on cyclic mechanical displacements of dielectric samples along the longitudinal axis of the waveguide in a quasistationary magnetic field localized in the slot region.
2. Hertz, H., Untersuchungen Uber die Ausbreitung der Elektrischen Kraft, Leipzig, 1894.
3. Ginzburg, V. L., Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasmas, Pergamon Press, Oxford, New York, 1970.
4. Monstein, C. and J. P. Wesley, "Observation of scalar longitudinal electrodynamic waves," Europhys. Lett., Vol. 59, No. 4, 514-520, 2002.
5. Abdulkerimov, S. A., Yu. M. Yermolayev, and B. N. Rodionov, Longitudinal Eelectromagnetic Waves. Theory, Experiments, Prospects of Application, Moskow, MGUL, 2003 (in Russian).
6. Bogdanov, V. P., Ye. I. Nefedov, and A. A. Protopopov, "Analysis of the mutagenic and stimulating effect of longitudinal electromagnetic radiations," Elektrodinamika and Tekhnika, Vol. 8, No. 1-2(27), 37-41, 2000 (in Russian).
7. Penkin, Yu. M., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, and M. V. Nesterenko, "Influence of a dielectric insert on energy characteristics of a cruciform waveguide junction," Proc. XXI-th Inter.Seminar/Workshop “Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory, 42-45, Tbilisi, Georgia, 2016.
8. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, D. Yu. Penkin, S. L. Berdnik, and V. I. Kijko, "Electromagnetic waves scattering and radiation by vibrator-slot structure in a rectangular waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 24, 69-84, 2012.
9. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, and S. L. Berdnik, Analytical and Hybrid Methods in Theory of Slot-Hole Coupling of Electrodynamic Volumes, Springer Science + Business Media, New York, 2008.
10. Yatsuk, L. P., A. V. Zhironkina, V. A. Katrich, and Yu. M. Penkin, "Solution of an excitation problem of a rectangular waveguide by a magnetic current," Izv. Vuzov. Radioelektronika, Vol. 30, No. 5, 37-41, 1987 (in Russian).