A compact wideband filtering power divider is presented in this paper, by using coupled transmission lines at two output ports to realize filtering function. The return loss and insertion loss of the design in the passband are improved by inserting fan-shaped open stubs and etching a T-shaped slot at the input port. The central frequency of the power divider is 2.4 GHz. The measured results show a 10-dB fractional bandwidth of 60%, and a wideband filtering response can be obtained. The material object is designed by using FR4, and the size is 0.4λg*0.2λg. The design is well used in the WiFi band.
2. Rahim, N. H. A., M. F. A. H. Saari, S. Z. Ibrahim, M. S. Razalli, and G. S. Tan, "Wideband power divider using radial stub for six-port interferometer," IEEE Applied Electromagnetics, 127-131, 2017.
3. Chen, M., H.-W. Cheng, P.-C. Chang, C.-C. Liu, H.-C. Lin, and C.-W. Tang, "Design of a microstrip filtering power divider with a wide passband and broad stopband," IEEE Microwave Symposium, 1909-1911, 2017.
4. Shi, J. and K. Xu, "Filtering balanced-to-single-ended power divider with arbitrary power division ratio," IEEE Electrical Design of Advanced Packaging and Systems Symposium, 1-3, 2017.
5. Li, B., X. Wu, N. Yang, and W. Wu, "Dual-band equal/unequal Wilkinson power dividers based on coupled-line section with short-circuited stub," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 163-178, 2011.
6. Li, G., X. Zhang, and Q. Xue, "Compact tunable filtering power divider with constant absolute bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 63, No. 10, 3505-3513, Oct. 2015.
7. Khan, A. A. and M. K. Mandal, "Miniaturized substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) power dividers," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 1, 888-890, 2016.
8. Wang, Y. J. and C.-X. Zhou, "A compact filtering power divider based on SIW triangular cavities," IEEE Electrical Design of Advanced Packing and Systems Symposium (EDAPS), 1-3, 2017.
9. Liu, Y., X. Yu, and S. Sun, "Design of a wideband filtering power divider with stub-loaded ring resonator," IEEE Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium, 1-2, 2017.
10. Shreyus, G. S., H. Khatwani, and K. Shambavi, "Power divider with substrate integrated waveguide and CSRR for C band application," Innovations in Power and Advanced Computing Technologies (i-PACT), 1-5, 2017.
11. Deng, P.-H., J.-H. Guo, and W.-C. Kuo, "New Wilkinson power dividers based on compact steppedimpedance transmission lines and shunt open stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 407-426, 2012.
12. Lu, Y., Y. Wang, C.-Z. Hua, and T.-J. Liu, "Wide stopband out-of-phase filtering power divider using double-sided parallel-strip line," Electronics Letters, Vol. 53, No. 25, 1659-1661, Dec. 2017.
13. Jiao, L., Y. Wu, Y. Liu, and Q. Xue, "Wideband filtering power divider with embedded transversal signal-interference sections," IEEE Micro. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 12, 1-3, Dec. 2017.
14. Gao, S., S. Sun, and S. Xiao, "A novel wideband bandpass power divider with harmonic-suppressed ring resonator," IEEE Micro. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 3, 119-121, Mar. 2013.
15. Wang, X., J. Wang, and G. Zhang, "Design of wideband filtering power divider with high selectivity and good isolation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 16, 1389-1391, 2016.