Crosstalk is one of the bottlenecks in improving the speed and density of high-speed interconnection systems. In this paper, multi-way and 2-level transmission is changed to one-way and multi-level transmission. Under the condition to maintain the data transmission capacity of the system, the number of microstrip lines is reduced, and the distance between microstrip lines is increased to reduce crosstalk. The simulation results show that over 50% of crosstalk is suppressed in multilevel signal transmission systems.
2. Bogatin, E., Signal and Power Integrity — Simplified, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2009.
3. Halligan, M. and D. Beetner, "Maximum crosstalk estimation in weakly coupled transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, 736-743, 2014.
4. Lee, K., et al., "Serpentine microstrip line with zero far-end crosstalk for parallel high-speed DRAM interfaces," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 33, No. 2, 552-558, 2010.
5. Wu, B. and T. Mo, "Barbed transmission lines for crosstalk suppression," Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (APEMC), 621-624, Singapore, May 21–24, 2012.
6. Xu, J. and S. Wang, "Investigating a guard trace ring to suppress the crosstalk due to a clock trace on a power electronics DSP control board," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 546-554, 2015.
7. Huang, B., K. Che, and C. Wang, "Far-end crosstalk noise reduction using decoupling capacitor," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 1, 1-13, 2016.
8. Refaie, M. I., W. S. El-Deeb, and M. I. Abdalla, "A study of using graphene coated microstrip lines for crosstalk reduction at radio frequency," Proceedings of the 35th National Radio Science Conference (NRSC), 85-90, Cairo, Egypt, March 20–22, 2018.
9. Oh, T. and R. Harjani, "Adaptive techniques for joint optimization of XTC and DFE loop gain in high-speed I/O," ETRI Journal, Vol. 37, No. 5, 906-916, 2015.
10. Wang, Y. and X. Li, "Crosstalk cancellation method based on unitary transformation of coupled transmission lines-channel transmission matrix," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 52, 45-50, 2015.
11. Aprile, C., et al., "An eight-lane 7-Gb/s/pin source synchronous single-ended RX with equalization and far-end crosstalk cancellation for backplane channels," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 53, No. 3, 861-872, 2018.
12. Young, B., Digital Signal Integrity: Modeling and Simulation with Interconnects and Packages, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2001.
13. Ernesto, J. and R. Sanchez, "A frequency-domain approach to interconnect crosstalk simulation and minimization," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 44, No. 4, 673-681, 2003.
14. Mbairi, F. D., W. P. Siebert, and H. Hesselbom, "High-frequency transmission lines crosstalk reduction using spacing rules," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 31, No. 3, 601-610, 2008.