In this letter, a wideband dual-polarized dipole antenna is proposed for base station applications. By bending the arms of the dipole, the radiator size is reduced. Meanwhile, a new resonant mode occurs at high frequency. Besides, four shorting stubs are employed to improve the impedance matching. Finally, a wide operating bandwidth is realized by combining all resonant modes. A prototype of the proposed antenna is fabricated and tested. Experimental results show that the antenna has a wide impedance bandwidth of 53% (1.65-2.84 GHz) for VSWR<1.5 at two ports and a high port isolation of 26 dB. Also, a stable antenna gain around 7.9±0.5 dBi and a stable radiation pattern with 3-dB beamwidth of 67.5°±3.5° are obtained within the entire band of operation.
2. Zuo, S., Q.-Q. Liu, and Z.-Y. Zhang, "Wideband dual-polarized crossed-dipole antenna with parasitical crossed-strip for base station applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 48, 159-166, 2014.
3. Liu, C., J.-L. Liu, Y.-H. Huang, and L.-Y. Zhou, "A novel dual-polarized antenna with high isolation and low cross polarization for wireless communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 32, 129-136, 2012.
4. Deng, J. Y., L. X. Guo, Y. Z. Yin, J. Qiu, and Z. S. Wu, "Broadband patch antennas fed by novel tuned loop," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 4, 2290-2293, 2013.
5. Gou, Y. S., S. W. Yang, Q. J. Zhu, and Z. P. Nie, "A compact dual-polarized double -shaped patch antenna with high isolation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 8, 4349-4353, 2013.
6. Jiang, X. L., Z. J. Zhang, Z. J. Tian, Y. Li, and Z. H. Feng, "A low-cost dual-polarized array antenna etched on a single substrate," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 265-268, 2013.
7. Lian, R. N., Z. D. Wang, Y. Z. Yin, J. J. Wu, and X. Y. Song, "Design of a low-profile dual-polarized stepped slot antenna array for base station," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 362-365, 2016.
8. Luo, Y. and Q. X. Chu, "Oriental crown-shaped differentially fed dual-polarized multidipole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 11, 4678-4685, 2015.
9. Wu, B. Q. and K. M. Luk, "A broadband dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna with simple feeds," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 60-63, 2009.