This communication enlightens design, simulation, fabrication and testing of a novel compact CSRR etched ultra-wideband (UWB) patch Antenna with quadruple Band refusal characteristics. To design the antenna, the dimensions are chosen as 28x18x0.8 mm3. The design was done on FR4 substrate of 4.4 dielectric constant, 0.02 loss tangent. The planned antenna contains chamfered bevel slot rectangular radiating material with a complementary split ring resonator (CSRR) etched on one side and an incomplete ground plane on the other side of the substrate. To understand band rejection characteristics, four circular slots with different radii are etched on the radiating material as CSRR to reject bands at Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) at 3.5 GHz, Indian national satellite (INSAT) at 4.6 GHz, wireless local area network (WLAN) services at 5.8 GHz, and Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) at 8.2 GHz. The rejected bands center frequencies are perfectly coupled at particular slots with different radii. This compact antenna is effective and useful for short areas and can be easily incorporated in small devices. The results show that the antenna has a bandwidth from 2.77 GHz to 13 GHz. This antenna gains a worthy harmony between the simulated and measured results.
2. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Printed circular disc monopole antenna for ultra-wideband applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, No. 20, 1246-1248, Sep. 30, 2004.
3. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of a printed circular disc monopole antenna for UWB systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3500-3504, Nov. 2005.
4. Kumar, R., R. K. Khokle, and R. V. S. Ram Krishna, "A horizontally polarized rectangular stepped slot antenna for ultra-wide bandwidth with boresight radiation patterns," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 7, 3501-3510, Jul. 2014.
5. George Thomas, K. and M. Sreenivasan, "A simple ultrawideband planar rectangular printed antenna with band dispensation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 1, 27-34, Jan. 2010.
6. Abbas, S. M., Y. Ranga, A. K. Verma, and K. P. Esselle, "A simple ultra-wideband printed monopole antenna with high band notched and wide radiation patterns," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 9, 4816-4820, Sep. 2014.
7. Xiong, L. and P. Gao, "Dual-band planar monopole antenna for Bluetooth and UWB applications with WiMAX and WLAN band-notched," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 28, 183-194, 2012.
8. Antoniadis, M. A. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "A compact multiband monopole antenna with a defected ground plane," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 652-655, 2008.
9. Yang, Y.-B., F.-S. Zhang, F. Zhang, L. Zhang, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Design of novel wideband monopole antenna with a tunable notched-band for 2.4 GHz WLAN and UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 13, 93-102, 2010.
10. Kalyan, R., K. T. V. Reddy, and K. Padma Priya, "Compact band notchedultra-wide band microstrip antenna for short distance wireless applications," International Conference on Inventive Communication and Computational Technologies, Coimbatore, India, Mar. 10-11, 2017, doi: 10.1109/ICICCT.2017.7975161.
11. Zarrabi, F. B., Z. Mansouri, N. P. Gandji, and H. Kuhestani, "Triple notch UWB monopole antenna with fractal Koch and T-shape stub," AEUE --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications (2015), 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2015.10.001..
12. Wang, Z., J. Liu, and Y. Yin, "Triple band-notched UWB antenna using novel asymmetrical resonators," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (2016), 2016, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2016.10.001.
13. Bakariya, P. S., et al., "Triple band notch UWB printed monopole antenna with enhanced bandwidth," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU) (2014), 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2014.07.023.
14. Yadav, A., S. Agrawal, and R. P. Yadav, "SRR and S-shape slot loaded triple band notched UWB antenna," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (2017), 2017, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2017.06.003.
15. Cao, Y., J.Wu, and H. Yang, "Design of CPW-fed monopole antenna with quadruple band-notched function for UWB application," 2011 International Conference on Computational Problem-Solving (ICCP), Oct. 21-23, 2011.
16. Li, T., H. Zhai, G. Li, L. Li, and C. Liang, "A compact ultra-wideband antenna with four band-notched characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 54, No. 12, Dec. 2012.
17. Wu, Z. H., F. Wei, X.-W. Shi, and W.-T. Li, "A compact quad band-notched UWB monopole antenna loaded one lateral L-shaped slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 303-315, 2013.
18. Sharma, M. M., J. K. Deegwal, A. Kumar, and M. C. Govil, "Compact planar monopole uwb antenna with quadruple band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 47, 29-36, 2014.
19. Jin, Y., J. Tak, and J. Choi, "Quadruple band-notched trapezoid uwb antenna with reduced gains in notch bands," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, 35-43, Jan. 2016.
20. Zhong, Z., Z. He, Z.Wang, and C. Yao, "A novel planar monopole UWB antenna with quad notched bands using quad-mode stepped impedance resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 69, 29-36, 2017.
21. Mewar, H. S., D. Jhanwa, M. M. Sharma, and J. K. Deegwa, "A printed monopole ellipzoidal UWB antenna with four band rejection characteristics," AEU — International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2018.
22. Rayavaram, K., K. V. Reddy, and P. P. Kesari, "Compact UWB microstrip antenna with quadruple band-notched characteristics for short distance wireless tele-communication applications," International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 2018.