In order to solve the high harmonic content of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) for fitness car, a PMSM with built-in permanent magnet bridge is proposed in this paper. Compared with surface mounted permanent magnet synchronous motor (SM-PMSM), the proposed motor with permanent magnet bridge structure has lower harmonic content. The performance and magnetization angle of the proposed motor are compared and analyzed in detail. The results obtained from finite element analysis show that the permanent magnet bridge can increase the air gap magnetic field intensity, and different directions of magnetization will affect the amplitude of fundamental wave of air gap magnetic density. Moreover, it can reduce the total harmonic distortion (THD) and make the magnetic density waveform more sinusoidal. It is very beneficial to the smooth output of torque of fitness car.
2. Kumar, D. and K. Chaudhary, "Design of differential source fed circularly polarized rectenna with embedded slots for harmonics suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 84, 175-187, 2018.
3. Jin, X. H., B. S. Li, and D. G. Xu, "A current harmonics suppression method for permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," 2017 IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo, Asia-Pacific (ITEC Asia-Pacific), 1-6, 2017.
4. Azeez, N. A., K. Gopakumar, J. Mathew, and C. Cecati, "A harmonic suppression scheme for open-end winding split-phase IM drive using capacitive filters for the full speed range," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electro., Vol. 61, No. 1, 5213-5221, Feb. 2014.
5. Tiang, T. L., D. Ishak, C. P. Lim, and M. K. Jamil, "A comprehensive analytical subdomain model and its field solutions for surface-mounted permanent magnet machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 51, No. 4, ID: 8104314, 2015.
6. Xie, K. F., D. W. Li, R. H. Qu, and D. Jiang, "Analysis and experimental comparison of spoke type and surfacemounted PM machines with fractional slot concentrated winding," 2016 19th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-6, 2016.
7. Hadef, M., M. R. Mekideche, A. Djerdir, and A. Miraoui, "An inverse problem approach for parameter estimation of interior permanent magnet synchronous motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 31, 15-28, 2011.
8. Zhao, N. N. and W. G. Liu, "Loss calculation and thermal analysis of surface-mounted PM motor and interior PM motor," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 51, No. 11, ID: 8112604, 2015.
9. Butt, C. B. and M. A. Rahman, "Untrained artificial neuron-based speed control of interior permanent-magnet motor drives over extended operating speed range," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 49, No. 3, 1146-1153, Mar. 2013.
10. Brahim, L.-C., K. Boughrara, and R. Ibtiouen, "Cogging torque minimization of surface-mounted permanent magnet synchronous machines using hybrid magnet shapes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 62, 49-61, 2015.
11. Chen, Z. F., C. L. Xia, Q. Geng, and Y. Yan, "Modeling and analyzing of surface-mounted permanent magnet synchronous machines with optimized magnetic pole shape," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 5, No. 11, ID: 8102804, 2014.
12. Kim, K. S., M. R. Park, H. J. Kim, S. H. Chai, and J. P. Hong, "Estimation of rotor type using ferrite magnet considering the magnetization process," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 52, No. 3, ID: 811804, 2016.
13. Jiang, Y. D., R. Pei, W. Xian, and Z. Hong, "Magnetization process of an HTS motor and the torque ripple suppression," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 19, No. 3, 1644-1647, 2009.
14. Tiang, T. L., D. Ishak, C. P. Lim, and M. Rezal Mohamed, "Analytical method using virtual PM blocks to represent magnet segmentations in surface-mounted PM synchronous machines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 76, 23-36, 2017.
15. Onsal, M., B. Cumhur, Y. Demir, E. Yolacan, and M. Aydin, "Rotor design optimization of a new flux assisted consequent pole spoke-type permanent magnet torque motor for low-speed applications," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 54, No. 11, ID: 8206005, 2018.
16. Zhou, Y., H. Li, and G. Meng, "Analytical calculation of magnetic field and cogging torque in surface-mounted permanent-magnet machines accounting for any eccentric rotor shape," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electro., Vol. 62, No. 6, 3438-3447, 2015.
17. Chai, F., P. Liang, and Y. Pei, "Magnet shape optimization of surface-mounted permanent-magnet motors to reduce harmonic iron losses," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 52, No. 7, ID: 6301304, 2016.
18. Zhang, X. J., L. B. Zeng, and R. L. Pei, "Designing and comparison of permanent magnet synchronous reluctance motors and conventional motors in electric vehicles," 2018 21st International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 202-205, 2018.
19. Noyal Doss, A., R. Brindha, K. Mohanraj, S. S. Dash, and K. M. Kavya, "A novel method for cogging torque reduction in permanent magnet brushless DC motor using T-shaped bifurcation in stator teeth," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 66, 99-107, 2018.