In this letter, a microstrip dual-band band-pass crossover is proposed. By reducing the number of inner open stubs, miniaturization of a window-shaped crossover without reducing bandwidth can be achieved. An electromagnetic simulation and measurements are used to validate the compact (0.35λ × 0.35λ) crossover with a wide bandwidth.
2. Wight, J. S., W. J. Chudobiak, and V. Makios, "A microstrip and stripline crossover structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 24, No. 5, 270, May 1976.
3. Yeung, S., W. C. Ip, and K. K. M. Cheng, "A novel dual-band crossover design with enhanced frequency band ratio and operating bandwidth," Proc. Asia-Pacific Microwave Conf., 892-895, Melbourne, Australia, Dec. 2011.
4. Lee, Z. W. and Y. H. Pang, "Compact planar dual-band crossover using two-section branch-line coupler," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 21, 1348-1349, Oct. 2012.
5. Shao, J., H. Ren, B. Arigong, C. Li, and H. Zhang, "A fully symmetrical crossover and its dual-frequency application," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, No. 8, 2410-2416, Aug. 2012.
6. Tang, C. W., "Design of a microstrip dual-band crossover with asymmetrical shaped transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 25, No. 9, 588-590, Sep. 2015.