This paper presents a compact Wilkinson power divider (WPD) operating at 0.7 GHz (LTE band) with higher order harmonics suppression based on step impedance shunt stubs (SISSs) and defected ground structure (DGS). The quarter wavelength lines of conventional WPD are replaced by a host line loaded with a DGS and a pair of SISSs. The DGS and SISS of the proposed line serve as a high series inductance and shunt capacitance, respectively. Therefore, a compact quarter wavelength line is designed compared to conventional one. A prototype of the proposed power divider is designed based on the proposed line, which provides a size reduction of 71% as compared to conventional WPD (CWPD) at 0.7 GHz. In addition, upper edge selectivity is found to be 40 dB/GHz along with higher order harmonics suppression up to the 10th order (7GHz) by a level better than 20 dB. The proposed power divider is experimentally verified with the simulated one and found to be same.
2. Tseng, C. H. and C. H. Wu, "Compact planar Wilkinson power divider using π-equivalent shunt-stub-based artificial transmission lines," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 19, 1327-1328, 2010.
3. Wang, J., J. Ni, Y. X. Guo, and D. Fang, "Miniaturized microstrip Wilkinson power divider with harmonic suppression," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 7, 440-442, 2009.
4. Zhang, F. and C. F. Li, "Power divider with microstrip electromagnetic band gap element for miniaturization and harmonic rejection," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 6, 422-423, 2008.
5. Ahn, D., J.-S. Park, C.-S. Kim, J. Kim, Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A design of the low-pass filter using the novel microstrip defected ground structure," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 49, No. 1, 86-93, 2001.
6. Park, J., J. P. Kim, and S. Nam, "Design of a novel harmonic-suppressed microstrip low-pass filter," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 6, 424-426, 2007.
7. Woo, D. J. and T. K. Lee, "Suppression of harmonics in Wilkinson power divider using dual-band rejection by asymmetric DGS," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 6, 2139-2144, 2005.
8. Kumar, M., S. N. Islam, S. K. Parui, and S. Das, "Design of miniaturized Wilkinson power divider with higher order harmonic suppression for GSM application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 85, 25-34, 2018.
9. Yang, J., C. Gu, and W. Wu, "Design of novel compact coupled microstrip power divider with harmonic suppression," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 9, 572-574, 2008.
10. Shao, J.-Y., S.-C. Huang, and Y.-H. Pang, "Wilkinson power divider incorporating quasi-elliptic filters for improved out-of-band rejection," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, No. 23, 1288-1289, 2011.
11. Hayati, M., S. Roshani, and S. Roshani, "Miniaturized Wilkinson power divider with nth harmonic suppression using front coupled tapered CMRC ," ACES J., Vol. 28, No. 2, 221-227, 2013.
12. Xu, X. and X. Tang, "Design of a compact Wilkinson power divider with high order harmonics suppression," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 50, 111-116, 2014.
13. Karimi, G. and S. Menbari, "A novel Wilkinson power divider using lowpass filter with harmonics suppression and high fractional bandwidth," Microelectronics Journal, Vol. 71, 61-69, 2018.
14. Zhan, W. L. and X. L. Zhao, "Compact filtering power divider with harmonic suppression," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 31, No. 3, 243-249, Feb. 2016.
15. Heydari, M. and S. Roshani, "Miniaturized unequal Wilkinson power divider using lumped component elements," Electronics Letters, Vol. 53, No. 16, 1117-1119, 2017.
16. Siahkamari, H., Z. Yasoubi, M. Jahanbakhshi, S. M. H. Mousavi, P. Siahkamari, M. E. Nouri, S. Azami, and R. Azadi, "Design of compact Wilkinson power divider with harmonic suppression using T-shaped resonators," Journal of RF-Engineering and Telecommunications, Vol. 72, No. 5-6, 2017.
17. Al-Areqi, N., K. Y. You, C. Y. Lee, N. H. Khamis, and M. N. Dimon, "Wideband and compact Wilkinson power divider utilizing series delta-stub and folded stepped-impedance transmission line," Radioengineering, Vol. 27, No. 1, Apr. 2018.
18. Mohamed, E. N., A. G. Sobih, and A. M. E. El-Tager, "A novel compact size Wilkinson power divider with two transmission zeros for enhanced harmonics suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 82, 67-76, 2018.