Aiming at the problem of crosstalk in high-speed interconnects, a non-crosstalk scheme based on coupled transmission lines-channel transmission matrix (CTL-CTM) is proposed. In this scheme, the transmitted signals are linear combination transformed at the transmitting end of the interconnect lines where the transmission signals among the interconnect lines constitute an orthogonal mode. After the signals have synchronously transmitted to the receiving end, second linear combination transformation is performed to restore the transmitted signals. Simulation results show that this low cost circuit proposed is capable of improving the quality of eye diagram and eliminating the crosstalk obviously.
2. Bogatin, E., Signal and Power Integrity --- Simplified, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2009.
3. Halligan, M. and D. Beetner, "Maximum crosstalk estimation in weakly coupled transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, 736-743, 2014.
4. Lee, K., et al., "Serpentine microstrip line with zero far-end crosstalk for parallel high-speed DRAM interfaces," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 33, No. 2, 552-558, 2010.
5. Wu, B. and T. Mo, "Barbed transmission lines for crosstalk suppression," Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (APEMC), 621-624, Singapore, May 21-24, 2012.
6. Refaie, M. I., W. S. El-Deeb, and M. I. Abdalla, "A study of using graphene coated microstrip lines for crosstalk reduction at radio frequency," Proceedings of the 35th National Radio Science Conference (NRSC), 85-90, Cairo, Egypt, March 20-22, 2018.
7. Xu, J. and S. Wang, "Investigating a guard trace ring to suppress the crosstalk due to a clock trace on a power electronics DSP control board," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 546-554, 2015.
8. Huang, B., K. Che, and C. Wang, "Far-end crosstalk noise reduction using decoupling capacitor," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 1, 1-13, 2016.
9. Balakrishnan, R., S. A. Thomas, and S. Sharan, "Crosstalk and EMI reduction using enhanced guard trace technique," 2018 IEEE Electrical Design of Advanced Packaging and Systems Symposium (EDAPS), 1-3, Chandigarh, India, December 16-18, 2018.
10. Pizano-Escalante, L., O. Longoria-Gandara, and R. Parra-Michel, "Crosstalk cancellation on high-speed interconnects through a MIMO linear precoding," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, No. 11, 3860-3870, 2013.
11. Cevrero, A., et al., "A 5.9 mW/Gb/s 7 Gb/s/pin 8-lane single-ended RX with crosstalk cancellation scheme using a XCTLE and 56-tap XDFE in 32 nm SOI CMOS," Proceedings of the Symposium on VLSI Circuits, C228-C229, Kyoto, Japan, June 16-19, 2015.
12. Oh, T. and R. Harjani, "Adaptive techniques for joint optimization of XTC and DFE loop gain in high-speed I/O," ETRI Journal, Vol. 37, No. 5, 906-916, 2015.
13. Aprile, C., et al., "An eight-lane 7-Gb/s/pin source synchronous single-ended RX with equalization and far-end crosstalk cancellation for backplane channels," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 53, No. 3, 861-872, 2018.
14. Wang, Y. and X. Li, "Crosstalk cancellation method based on unitary transformation of coupled transmission lines-channel transmission matrix," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 52, 45-50, 2015.
15. Mbairi, F. D., W. P. Siebert, and H. Hesselbom, "High-frequency transmission lines crosstalk reduction using spacing rules," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 31, No. 3, 601-610, 2008.