An ultra-wideband multilayer-stacked Yagi antenna is presented in this article. The proposed design is based on a capped bow-tie antenna, on which a Yagi antenna is formed simply by capping several pieces of parasitic patches with equal lengths but unequal widths. Thus, the multilayer-stacked antenna attains a small footprint, compact size, customizable gain and simple geometry, which make it promising for various applications. The prototype of this antenna is simulated, fabricated, and measured. Good agreement between simulation and measurement has been observed.
2. Choe, H. and S. Lim, "Directivity and diversity dual-mode stacked antenna array using directors of Yagi-Uda antenna as monopole antennas," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, No. 1, 575-578, 2014.
3. Roopan, R. B. and E. Sidhu, "High gain stacked microstrip folded dipole Yagi antenna configuration for WiMAX applications," IEEE International Conference on Wireless Communications, Signal Processing and Networking, 1013-1017, 2016.
4. Kramer, O., T. Djerafi, and K. Wu, "Vertically multilayer-stacked Yagi antenna with single and dual polarizations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 4, 1022-1030, Apr. 2010.
5. Jun, S. and K. Chang, "A simple broadband stacked quasi-Yagi antenna," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 58, No. 4, 1804-1805, 2014.
6. Zarghooni, B. and K. Wu, "Circularly polarized stacked Yagi antenna with logarithmic spiral elements for E-band applications," General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of the International Union of Radio Science, 1-3, Aug. 2017.
7. Briqech, Z., A. R. Sebak, and T. A. Denidni, "High-efficiency 60-GHz printed Yagi antenna array," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, No. 3, 1224-1227, 2013.
8. Kramer, O., T. Djerafi, and K. Wu, "Very small footprint 60 GHz stacked Yagi antenna array," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 9, 3204-3210, Sep. 2011.
9. Deng, X.-D., Y. Li, C. Liu, W. Wu, and Y. Z. Xiong, "340 GHz on-chip 3-D antenna with 10 dBi gain and 80% radiation efficiency," IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 4, 619-627, Jul. 2015.
10. Aguila, P., S. Zuffanelli, G. Zamora, F. Paredes, F. Martin, and J. Bonache, "Planar Yagi-Uda antenna array based on Split Ring Resonators (SRRs)," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1233-1236, 2017.
11. Korekado, T., K. Okuno, and S. Kurazono, "Design method of Yagi-Uda two-stacked circular loop array antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 39, No. 8, 1112-1118, Aug. 1991.
12. Liu, Y., H. Liu, M. Wei, and S. Gong, "A novel slot Yagi-like multilayered antenna with high gain and large bandwidth," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 790-793, 2014.
13. Xie, C., et al., "An ultra-wideband dipole with a director as a feed for reflector antennas," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1341-1344, 2017.
14. Stutzman, W. L. and G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1998.