The analytical propagation equation of a four-petal Lorentz-Gauss (FPLG) beam propagating through atmospheric turbulence is derived, and the spreading of average intensity is analyzed by using numerical examples. It is found that the FPLG beam propagating through atmospheric turbulence will evolve into Gaussian beam due to the influences of atmospheric turbulence, and the atmospheric turbulence will accelerate the spreading of FPLG beam as the propagation distance increases. It is also found that the FPLG beam with different N or Lorentz widths propagating through atmospheric turbulence will have the same beam spot when the FPLG beam evolves into the Gaussian beam at the same propagation distance.
2. Ji, X. and G. Ji, "Spatial correlation properties of apertured partially coherent beams propagating through atmospheric turbulence," Applied Physics B, Vol. 92, 111-118, 2008.
3. Li, X., X. Chen, and X. Ji, "Influence of atmospheric turbulence on the propagation of superimposed partially coherent Hermite-Gaussian beams," Opt. Commun., Vol. 282, 7-13, 2009.
4. Gu, Y. L. and G. Gbur, "Scintillation of pseudo-Bessel correlated beams in atmospheric turbulence," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 27, 2621-2629, 2010.
5. Zhou, G. Q. and X. X. Chu, "Average intensity and spreading of a Lorentz-Gauss beam in turbulent atmosphere," Opt. Express, Vol. 18, 726-731, 2010.
6. Wang, K. L. and C. H. Zhao, "Propagation properties of a radial phased-locked partially coherent anomalous hollow beam array in turbulent atmosphere," Opt. Laser Technol., Vol. 57, 44-51, 2014.
7. Tang, M. M. and D. M. Zhao, "Regions of spreading of Gaussian array beams propagating through oceanic turbulence," Appl. Optics, Vol. 54, 3407-3411, 2015.
8. Liu, D. J., L. Chen, Y. C. Wang, and H. M. Yin, "Intensity properties of four-petal Gaussian vortex beams propagating through atmospheric turbulence," Optik, Vol. 127, 3905-3911, 2016.
9. Yin, X. and L. C. Zhang, "Quantum polarization fluctuations of an Airy beam in turbulent atmosphere in a slant path," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 33, 1348-1352, 2016.
10. Zhu, J., X. Li, H. Tang, and K. Zhu, "Propagation of multi-cosine-Laguerre-Gaussian correlated Schell-model beams in free space and atmospheric turbulence," Opt. Express, Vol. 25, 20071-20086, 2017.
11. Wang, F. and O. Korotkova, "Circularly symmetric cusped random beams in free space and atmospheric turbulence," Opt Express, Vol. 25, 5057-5067, 2017.
12. Tian, H. H., Y. G. Xu, T. Yang, Z. R. Ma, S. J. Wang, and Y. Q. Dan, "Propagation characteristics of partially coherent anomalous elliptical hollow Gaussian beam propagating through atmospheric turbulence along a slant path ," J. Mod. Optic, Vol. 64, 422-429, 2017.
13. Zheng, G., G., J. Wang, L. Wang, M. Zhou, Y. Chen, and M. Song, "Scintillation analysis of pseudo-Bessel-Gaussian Schell-mode beams propagating through atmospheric turbulence with wave optics simulation," Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 100, 139-144, 2018.
14. Wang, F., X. L. Liu, and Y. J. Cai, "Propagation of partially coherent beam in turbulent atmosphere: A review," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 150, 123-143, 2015.
15. Wang, F., J. Li, G. Martinez-Piedra, and O. Korotkova, "Propagation dynamics of partially coherent crescent-like optical beams in free space and turbulent atmosphere," Opt. Express, Vol. 25, 26055-26066, 2017.
16. Liu, D., G. Wang, and Y. Wang, "Average intensity and coherence properties of a partially coherent Lorentz-Gauss beam propagating through oceanic turbulence," Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 98, 309-317, 2018.
17. Liu, D. J., X. X. Luo, H. M. Yin, G. Q. Wang, and Y. C. Wang, "Effect of optical system and turbulent atmosphere on the average intensity of partially coherent flat-topped vortex hollow beam," Optik, Vol. 130, 227-236, 2017.
18. Banakh, V. A. and L. O. Gerasimova, "Strong scintillations of pulsed Laguerrian beams in a turbulent atmosphere," Opt. Express, Vol. 24, 19264-19277, 2016.
19. Liu, D. and Y. Wang, "Evolution properties of a radial phased-locked partially coherent Lorentz-Gauss array beam in oceanic turbulence," Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 103, 33-41, 2018.
20. Golmohammady, S. and B. Ghafary, "Stokes parameters of phase-locked partially coherent flat-topped array laser beams propagating through turbulent atmosphere," Laser Phys., Vol. 26, 2016.
21. Liu, D., H. Yin, G. Wang, and Y. Wang, "Propagation of partially coherent Lorentz-Gauss vortex beam through oceanic turbulence," Appl. Optics, Vol. 56, 8785-8792, 2017.
22. Liu, D. J., Y. C. Wang, and H. M. Yin, "Propagation properties of partially coherent four-petal Gaussian vortex beams in turbulent atmosphere," Opt. Laser Technol., Vol. 78, 95-100, 2016.
23. Zhi, D., R. M. Tao, P. Zhou, Y. X. Ma, W. M. Wu, X. L. Wang, and L. Si, "Propagation of ring Airy Gaussian beams with optical vortices through anisotropic non-Kolmogorov turbulence," Opt. Commun., Vol. 387, 157-165, 2017.
24. Liu, D., H. Zhong, G. Wang, and Y. Wang, "Model of a four-petal Lorentz-Gauss beam and its paraxial propagation ," Optik, Vol. 179, 492-498, 2019.
25. Liu, D., G. Wang, H. Zhong, H. Yin, A. Dong, and Y. Wang, "Properties of a four-petal Lorentz-Gauss beam propagating in uniaxial crystal orthogonal to the optical axis," Optik, Vol. 183, 257-265, 2019.
26. El Gawhary, O. and S. Severini, "Lorentz beams and symmetry properties in paraxial optics," J. Opt. A: Pure Appl. Opt., Vol. 8, 409-414, 2006.
27. Schmidt, P., "A method for the convolution of lineshapes which involve the Lorentz distribution," Journal of Physics B, Vol. 9, 2331-2339, 1976.
28. Jeffrey, H. D. A., Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals, 4th Ed., Academic Press Inc, 2008.