A new miniaturized microstrip lowpass filter with ultra-wide stopband performance using trapezoid patch resonators is investigated. To achieve compact design and ultra-wide band rejection, trapezoid patch resonators are employed in the filter. To further reduce the circuit size of the filter, a meander transmission line is also introduced in the design. A demonstration filter with 3 dB cutoff frequency at 0.50 GHz has been designed, fabricated, and measured. Results indicate that the proposed filter is able to suppress the 26th harmonic response referred to a suppression degree of 15 dB. Furthermore, the proposed filter exhibits a small size of 0.122λg×0.109λg, where λg is the guided wavelength at 0.50 GHz.
2. Ho, M.-H., C.-Y. Hou, C.-I. G. Hsu, and K.-Y. Lee, "Compact balanced bandpass filter design using miniaturized substrate integrated waveguide cavities," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 13, 2030-2033, 2018.
3. Li, J.-L., S.-W. Qu, and Q. Xue, "Compact microstrip lowpass filter with sharp roll-off and wide stop-band," Electron. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 2, 110-111, 2009.
4. Li, L., Z.-F. Li, and Q.-F. Wei, "Compact and selective lowpass filter with very wide stopband using tapered compact microstrip resonant cells," Electron. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 5, 267-268, 2009.
5. Ma, K. X. and K. S. Yeo, "New harmonic suppression low-pass filter using transformed radial stubs," IEEE Trans Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 3, 604-611, 2011.
6. Hayati, M., A. Sheikhi, and A. Lotfi, "Compact lowpass filter with wide stopband using modified semi-elliptic and semi-circular microstrip patch resonator," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 22, 1507-1509, 2010.
7. Wei, X.-B., P. Wang, M.-Q. Liu, and Y. Shi, "Compact wide-stopband lowpass filter using stepped impedance hairpin resonator with radial stubs," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 15, 862-863, 2011.
8. Wei, F., L. Chen, X.-W. Shi, Q.-L. Huang, and X.-H. Wang, "Compact lowpass filter with wide stop-band using coupled-line hairpin unit," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 1, 88-90, 2010.
9. Wang, J.-P., H.-F. Cui, and G. Zhang, "Design of compact microstrip lowpass filter with ultra-wide stopband," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 14, 854-856, 2012.
10. Abdipour, A., A. Nouritabar, A. Abdipour, H. Shamsi, and S. A. Ahmadi, "A miniaturized microstrip lowpass filter with sharp skirt performance and wide stopband utilizing modified hairpin resonator with long straight slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 78, 83-92, 2017.
11. Rekha, T. K., P. Abdulla, P. M. Jasmine, and P. M. Raphika, "Improved frequency response of microstrip lowpass filter using defected ground structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 81, 31-40, 2018.