In this paper, a compact triangular defected ground plane monopole antenna with 5G, WLAN, and a downlink/uplink of X-band notched characteristic for UWB applications is presented. The initial design consists of a CPW rectangle-shaped patch with a triangular, slotted ground plane to obtain ultra-wideband feature. The 3.3-3.7 GHz for the 5G band is eliminated by inserting dual symmetrical T-shaped slots at the upper edge of the ground plane. Further, a metamaterial as dual symmetrical single split ring resonator slits is etched at the bottom edge of the ground plane to suppress electromagnetic interference at IEEE upper WLAN band from 5.72 to 5.84 GHz. To restrict the interferences with the existing downlik and uplink for X-band signals from 7.1 to 8.39 GHz, we load a single I-slot to the radiator patch. The small size of the presented triple band eliminated antenna makes it a candidate suitable for recent communication systems.
2. Liu, H. W. and C. H. Ku, "Novel planar triple band monopole antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 11, 2405-2408, 2010.
3. Deng, J. Y., Y. Z. Yin, Sh. G. Zhou, and Q. Z. Liu, "Compact ultra-wideband antenna with tri-band notched characteristic," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 21, 1231-1233, 2008.
4. Gong, X., Y. Tong, B. Tian, and B. Gao, "Design of a microstrip-fed hexagonal shape UWB antenna with triple notched bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 62, 77-87, 2016.
5. Bong, H. U., N. Hussain, S. Y. Rhee, S. K. Gil, and N. Kim, "Design of an UWB antenna with two slits for 5G/WLAN-notched bands," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 61, No. 5, 1-6, 2019.
6. Xi, L., H. Zhai, Y. Zang, and L. Li, "A novel dual-band tunable band-notched antenna," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 59, No. 12, 3014-3018, 2017.
7. Hammache, B., A. Messai, I. Messaoudene, and T. A. Denidni, "A compact ultrawideband antenna with three C-shaped slots for notched band characteristics," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 61, No. 1, 275-279, 2019.
8. Li, B., J. Hong, and B. Z. Wang, "Switched band-notched UWB/dual-band WLAN slot antenna with inverted S-shaped slots," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 572-575, 2012.
9. Sung, Y., "Triple band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using a modified H-shaped resonator," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 2, 953-957, 2013.
10. Jaglan, N., B. K. Kanaujia, S. D. Gupta, and S. Srivastava, "Triple band notched UWB antenna design using electromagnetic band gap structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 66, 139-147, 2016.
11. Elhabchi, M., M. N. Srifi, and R. Touahni, "A tri-band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using DGS and semi arc-shaped slot for WiMAX/WLAN/X-band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 70, 7-14, 2017.
12. Sameena, V. A., et al., "A compact CPW fed slot antenna for ultra wide band applications," AEU-Int. J. Electron Commun., Vol. 66, 189-194, 2012.
13. Boopathi, R. R. and S. K. Pandey, "A CPW-fed circular patch antenna inspired by reduced ground plane and CSRR slot for UWB applications with notch band," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 59, No. 4, 745-749, 2017.
14. Toktas, A. and M. A. Yerlikaya, "A compact reconfigurable ultra-wideband G-shaped printed antenna with band-notched characteristic," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 61, No. 1, 745-749, 2019.
15. Xu, B., Y. Zhao, L. Gu, and Z. Nie, "Fork-shaped patch printed ultra-wideband slot antenna with dual band-notched characteristics using metamaterial unit cells," Int J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 29, No. 7, e21742, 2019.
16. William, J. and R. Nakkeeran, "Development of CPW-fed UWB printed slot antenna," National Conference on Communications (NCC), 29-31, 2010.