A CPW-fed compact multiband planar printed monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX/X-Band applications is presented in this paper. The structure size of antenna is 0.144λ0×0.176λ0×0.008λ0. The proposed antenna is composed of three monopole radiators, a microstrip feed line and the ground with chamfer. With these structures employed, the antenna can generate four different resonances to cover the desired bands while maintaining low profile. The antenna simulation results show four distinct bands from 2.24 to 2.85 GHz, from 3.29 to 4.12 GHz, from 5.13 to 6.24 GHz, and from 6.58 to 8.57 GHz, which cover the entire WLAN bands (2.4-2.484, 5.15-5.35, and 5.725-5.825 GHz), WiMAX bands (2.5-2.69, 3.4-3.69, and 5.25-5.85 GHz), and X-band satellite communication systems (7.25-7.75 and 7.9-8.4 GHz). For verification of simulation results, a prototype of quad-band antenna is designed, fabricated, and tested. The simulated and measured return losses, radiation patterns, and gains are presented. The proposed antenna possesses compact size, simple structure, high gain, and omnidirectional radiation pattern, which make it a suitable candidate used in small/portable WLAN/WiMAX/X-Band devices.
2. Surendrakumar, P. and B. C. Mohan, "A triple-frequency, vertex-fed antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 60, No. 3, 101-106, Jun. 2018.
3. Liu, F., et al., "Uniplanar dual-band printed compound loop antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 53, No. 16, 1083-1084, Aug. 3, 2017.
4. Shi, W., Z. Qian, and W. Ni, "Dual-band stacked annular slot/patch antenna for omnidirectional radiation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 390-393, 2016.
5. Van Rooyen, M., J. W. Odendaal, and J. Joubert, "High-gain directional antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 286-289, 2017.
6. Ali, T. and R. C. Biradar, "A triple-band highly miniaturized antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, No. 2, 466-471, Feb. 2018.
7. Patel, U. and T. Upadhyaya, "Design and analysis of μ-negative material loaded wideband electrically compact antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 79, 11-22, 2019.
8. Gautam, A. K., et al., "Design of compact F-shaped slot triple-band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 3, 1101-1105, Mar. 2016.
9. Liu, G., et al., "Compact CPW-fed multiband antenna for TDLTE/ WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 65, 9-14, 2017.
10. Pandit, V. K. and A. R. Harish, "A compact CPW-fed tapered monopole triple-band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, No. 9, 2298-2303, Sep. 2018.
11. Sang, S., B. Yuan, and T. Xiang, "Compact tri-band trapezoid CPW-fed antenna with SRR structure for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 61, 177-184, 2017.
12. Kumar, P., S. Dwari, and R. K. Saini, "Triple band dual polarized CPW-Fed planar monopole antenna," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 99, No. 1, 431-440, Mar. 2018.
13. Li, L., et al., "A compact triple-band printed monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1853-1855, 2016.
14. Cheong, H. R., et al., "A compact CPW-fed antenna with fractal S-shaped patches for multiband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 3, 541-546, Mar. 2017.
15. Chen, K. H., et al., "Compact four bands hybrid filtering antenna using step impedance resonators and tuning stub transition structures," IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 7, 1126-1131, Jun. 13, 2018.
16. Ali, T., et al., "A multiband antenna loaded with metamaterial and slots for GPS/WLAN/WiMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, No. 1, 79-85, Jan. 2018.
17. Brar, R. S., et al., "A quad-band dual-polarized monopole antenna for GNSS/UMTS/WLAN/WiMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, No. 3, 538-545, Mar. 2018.
18. Haiyan, P., et al., "Compact mobile quad-band slot antenna design for GPS L1, WiMAX, and WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, Vol. 17, No. 2, 57-64, 2017.