An optimized dual-bandnotched antenna for Ultra-Wide Bandapplications, using the Genetic Algorithm (GA), is presented. By optimizing a Defected Ground Structure (DGS) in the ground plane of the UWB antenna, two notches are created at the desired frequency bands of 3.5 GHz and 5.8 GHz, respectively. A good agreement between the measurement and simulation results is observed. The optimized DGS shows good performance and accuracy compared to conventional approaches.
2. Emadian, S. R. and J. Ahmadi-Shokouh, "Very small dual band-notched rectangular slot antenna with enhanced impedance bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 10, 4529-4534, 2015.
3. Zhang, Y. and C. Li, "Design of small dual band-notched UWB slot antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 22, 1727-1728, 2015.
4. Hammache, B., A. Messai, I. Messaoudene, and T. A. Denidni, "A compact ultra-wideband antenna with three C-shaped slots for notched band characteristics," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 61, No. 1, 275-279, 2019.
5. Vendik, I. B., A. Rusakov, K. Kanjanasit, J. Hong, and D. Filonov, "Ultrawideband (UWB) planar antenna with single-, dual-, and triple-band notched characteristic based on electric ring resonator," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 1597-1600, 2017.
6. Zhang, C., J. Zhang, and L. Li, "Triple band-notched UWB antenna based on SIR-DGS and fork-shaped stubs," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 2, 67-69, 2014.
7. Elhabchi, M., M. N. Srifi, and R. Touahni, "A tri-band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using DGS and semi arc-shaped slot for WIMAX/WLAN/X-band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 70, 7-14, 2017.
8. Jaglan, N., B. K. Kanaujia, S. D. Gupta, and S. Srivastava, "Triple band notched UWB antenna design using electromagnetic band gap structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 66, 139-147, 2016.
9. Iqbal, A., O. A. Saraereh, and S. K. Jaiswal, "Maple leaf shaped UWB monopole antenna with dual band notch functionality," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 71, 169-175, 2017.
10. Li, Z., C. Yin, and X. Zhu, "Compact UWB MIMO Vivaldi antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 38696-38701, 2019.
11. Fertas, K., K. Kimouche, M. Challal, F. Ghanem, F. Fertas, and R. Aksas, "Development of a novel UWB planar antenna using a genetic algorithm," 2017 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering, 1-4, Boumerdes, 2017.
12. Derbal, M. C., A. Zeghdoud, and M. Nedil, "A novel dual band antenna design forWiFi applications using genetic algorithms," 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas Propaga., 1009-1010, Boston, 2018.
13. Ibrahim, A. A., M. A. Abdalla, and A. Boutejdar, "A printed compact band-notched antenna using octagonal radiating patch and meander slot technique for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 54, 153-162, 2017.