The scattering of a transverse magnetic plane wave by a conducting cylinder partially buried in a dielectric half-space is solved by an aperture method. A system of coupled integral equations for the current induced on the cylinder and the scattered electric field at the dielectric interface are formulated from field equivalence principles. The scattered tangential electric field at interface is negligible at some distance from the cylinder location. Hence, for a sufficiently wide interface truncation, the coupled integral equations can be easily solved numerically by the Method of Moments. Data for the cylinder current, the scattered electric field at interface and the far-zone field are shown for cases of interest.
2. Rao, T. C. and R. Barakat, "Plane-wave scattering by a conducting cylinder partially buried in a ground plane. 1. TM case," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A, Vol. 6, No. 9, 1270-1280, Sep. 1989.
3. Marx, E., "Scattering by an arbitrary cylinder at a plane interface: Broadside incidence," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 37, No. 5, 619-628, May 1989.
4. Leviatan, Y. and Y. Meyouhas, "Analysis of electromagnetic scattering from buried cylinders using a multifilament current model," Radio Sci., Vol. 25, No. 6, 1231-1244, Nov. 1990.
5. Ling, R. T. and P. Y. Ufimtsev, "Scattering of electromagnetic waves by a metallic object partially immersed in a semi-infinite dielectric medium," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, No. 2, 223-233, Feb. 2001.
6. Simsek, E., J. Liu, and Q. H. Liu, "A spectral integral method and hybrid SIM/FEM for layered media," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 54, No. 11, 3878-3884, Nov. 2006.
7. Michalski, K. A. and D. Zheng, "Electromagnetic scattering and radiation by surfaces of arbitrary shape in layered media. II. Implementation and results for contiguous half-spaces," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 38, No. 3, 345-352, Mar. 1990.
8. Chen, Y. P., W. C. Chew, and L. Jiang, "A new Green’s function formulation for modeling homogeneous objects in layered medium," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 10, 4766-4776, Oct. 2012.
9. Luo, W., Z. Nie, and Y. P. Chen, "Efficient higher-order analysis of electromagnetic scattering by objects above, below, or straddling a half-space," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 332-335, 2016.
10. Qi, X., Z. P. Nie, and X. F. Que, "An efficient method for analysis of EM scattering from objects straddling the interface of a half-space," IEEE Geosci. Remote Sens. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 12, 2014-2018, Dec. 2016.
11. Kizilay, A. and U. Saynak, "Scattering from a conducting cylinder partially buried in a dielectric half space by a decomposition method," MIKON, 2016.
12. Ozzaim, C., "Plane wave scattering by a conducting cylinder located near an interface between two dielectric half-spaces: a perturbation method," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 65, No. 5, 2754-2758, May 2017.
13. Ozzaim, C., "A perturbation method for scattering by a dielectric cylinder buried in a half-space," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 66, No. 10, 5662-5665, Oct. 2018.
14. Ozzaim, C., "A MoM solution for TM scattering by dielectric cylinders above an infinite flat surface," Journal of Modern Optics, Vol. 60, No. 15, 1550-1557, Aug. 2019.