In order to obtain the carrier frequency (CF) and direction-of-arrival (DOA) estimation, a uniform linear array (ULA)-based modulated wideband converter (MWC) discrete compressed sampling (CS) digital receiver system is proposed. It can achieve sub-Nyquist sampling, save the storage space and specially obtain the CF and DOA estimation by processing the CS data directly. However, the existing method for this system needs more branches to get better performance. In this paper, a compressed uniform linear array (CULA)-based MWC discrete CS digital receiver system is proposed. First, a compression matrix is used to reduce the number of branches behind the antennas. Then, the MWC discrete CS structure is used to reduce the data volume. Finally, the multiple signal classification (MUSIC) algorithm is used to jointly estimate the CF and DOA by processing the CS data directly. The simulation results validate the effectiveness of the proposed system and the proposed method for the joint CF and DOA estimation.
2. Qiu, Z. Y., P. Wang, and J. Zhu, "A parameter estimation algorithm for LFM/BPSK hybrid modulated signal intercepted by Nyquist folding receiver," EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2016, No. 1, 90-90, 2016.
3. Zhang, M., et al., "Neural networks for radar waveform recognition," Symmetry, Vol. 9, No. 5, 75-75, 2017.
4. Pinto, R. G. D. C. P. and R. Merched, "A compressed sensing approach to block-iterative equalizers," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 66, No. 4, 1007-1022, 2018.
5. Shahbazi, N., A. Abbasfar, and M. Jabbarian-Jahromi, "Efficient two-dimensional compressive sensing in mimo radar," EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2017, No. 1, 23-23, 2017.
6. Wen, X., G. Kuang, J. Hu, R. Zhan, and J. Zhang, "Forward-looking imaging of scanning phased array radar based on the compressed sensing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 143, 575-604, 2013.
7. Mishali, M. and Y. C. Eldar, "From theory to practice: Sub-Nyquist sampling of sparse wideband analog signals," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Vol. 2016, No. 1, 375-391, 2010.
8. Liu, W. S., et al., "Design of a single channel modulated wideband converter for wideband spectrum sensing: Theory, architecture and hardware implementation," Sensors, Vol. 17, No. 5, 1035-1035, 2017.
9. Lv, W. H., H. L. Wang, and S. X. Mu, "Spectrum sensing using co-prime array based modulated wideband converter," Sensors, Vol. 17, No. 5, 1052-1052, 2017.
10. Yang, E. P., X. Yan, and K. Y. Qin, "Modulated wideband converter with run length limited sequences," IEICE Electronics Express, Vol. 13, No. 17, 20160670-20160670, 2016.
11. Chen, T., L. Z. Liu, and L. M. Guo, "Wideband signal detection based on MWC discrete compressed sampling structure," Transactions of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol. 34, No. 2, 105-114, 2017.
12. Chen, T., S. C. Wang, and L. M. Guo, "Recognition and parameter estimation of wideband LFM signal based on MWC discrete compressive sampling structure," Journal of Harbin Engineering University, Vol. 39, No. 8, 1415-1412, 2018.
13. Ioushua, S. S., et al., "CaSCADE: Compressed carrier and DOA estimation," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 65, No. 10, 2645-2658, 2017.
14. Cui, C., W. Wu, and W. Q. Wang, "Carrier frequency and DOA estimation of sub-nyquist sampling multi-band sensor signals," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 17, No. 22, 7470-7478, 2017.
15. Chen, T., L. Z. Liu, and D. P. Pang, "A ULA-based MWC discrete compressed sampling structure for carrier frequency and AOA estimation," IEEE Access, No. 5, 14154-14164, 2017.
16. Chen, T., L. Z. Liu, and L. M. Guo, "Joint carrier frequency and DOA estimation using a modified ULA based MWC discrete compressed sampling receiver," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 12, No. 8, 873-881, 2018.
17. Guo, M. R., Y. D. Zhang, and T. Chen, "DOA estimation using compressed sparse array," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 66, No. 15, 4133-4166, 2018.
18. Pakrooh, P., et al., "Analysis of fisher information and the Cram´er-Rao bound for nonlinear parameter estimation after random compression," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 63, No. 23, 6423-6428, 2015.
19. Morabito, A. F., A. R. Lagana, and T. Isernia, "On the optimal synthesis of ring symmetric shaped patterns by means of uniformly spaced planar arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 20, 33-48, 2010.
20. Si, W. J., et al., "Real-valued DOA estimation for a mixture of uncorrelated and coherent sources via unitary transformation," Digital Signal Processing, Vol. 58, No. 2016, 102-114, 2016.
21. Jiang, J. J., F. J. Duan, and J. Chen, "Three-dimensional localization algorithm for mixed nearfield and far-field sources based on ESPRIT and MUSIC method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 435-456, 2013.
22. Yildirim, A., "Method for estimating the central frequency of phase-coded radar signals," IET Signal Processing, Vol. 10, No. 9, 1073-1081, 2016.