An eccentric harmonic magnetic gear (EHMG) with Halbach array is proposed in this paper. According to the theory of magnetic field modulation and one-side effect, the permanent magnets (PMs) on the inner rotor and outer stator are arranged in a Halbach array. The PMs of inner rotor are divided into three segments per pole, and the PMs on the outer stator are divided into two segments per pole. The proposed EHMG with 15 pole pairs on inner rotor PMs and 16 pole pairs on outer stator PMs is established. The finite element analysis (FEA) is used for simulating the proposed model. The corresponding magnetic field and static torque of the EHMG are calculated. Compared with the conventional EHMG, the results show that the torque density of the proposed EHMG is substantially improved.
2. Jing, L. B., L. Liu, M. Xiong, and D. Feng, "Parameters analysis and optimization design for a concentric magnetic gear based on sinusoidal magnetizations," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 5, No. 24, 1-5, 2014.
3. Jing, L. B., T. Zhang, Y. Gao, R. Qu, Y. Huang, and T. Ben, "A novel HTS modulated coaxial magnetic gear with eccentric structure and Halbach arrays," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 5, No. 29, 1-5, 2019.
4. Park, E. J., S. J. Kim, and S. Y. Jung, "Study on power transmission method of dual-stage type magnetic gear for high transmission ratio," IEEE CEFC 2016 — 17th Biennial Conference on Electromagnetic Field Computation, 2016.
5. Man, Y., Y. Zhao, and C. Bian, "A kind of magnetic gear with high speed ratio," Proceedings — 3rd International Conference on Information Sciences and Interaction Sciences, 632-634, 2010.
6. Ruiz-Ponce, G. E., M. A. Arjona, and C. Hernandez, "Modeling of an axial-type magnetic gear using a reluctance-based magnetic equivalent circuit," IEEE CEFC 2016 — 17th Biennial Conference on Electromagnetic Field Computation, 2017.
7. Jian, L. N., K. T. Chau, and J. Z. Jiang, "A magnetic geared outer rotor PM brushless machine forwind power generation," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, Vol. 45, No. 3, 954-992, 2009.
8. Colli, V. D., F. Marignetti, and C. Attaianese, "2-D mechanical and magnetic analysis of a 10MW doubly fed induction generator for direct-drive wind turbines," Industrial Electronics Conference, 3863-3867, 2009.
9. Vassilev, A. and A. Ferber, "Magnetic field exposure assessment in electric vehicles," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 1, 35-43, 2015.
10. Ping, Z., W. N.Wei, and M. Q.Wang, "Investigation of the magnetic circuit and performance of lessrare- earth interior permanent-magnet synchronous machines used for electric vehicles," Energies, Vol. 10, No. 12, 2017.
11. Jian, L. N., K. T. Chau, and Y. Gong, "Comparison of coaxial magnetic gears with different topologies, magnetic," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 45, No. 10, 4526-4529, 2009.
12. Li, Y., J. W. Xing, and K. R. Peng, "Principle and simulation analysis of a novel structure magnetic gear," International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, 3845-3849, 2008.
13. Frank, N. W. and H. A. Toliyat, "Gearing ratios of a magnetic gear for marine applications," Electric Ship Technologies Symposium, 477-481, 2009.
14. Ando, Y., T. Onuma, and A. Baba, "Relationship between number of teeth and transmission torque on cylindrical magnetic gear," Materials Science Forum, Vol. 792, 349-354, 2014.
15. Li, X. L., M. Cheng, and Y. B. Wang, "Analysis, design and experimental verification of a coaxial magnetic gear using stationary permanent-magnet ring," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 12, No. 2, 231-238, 2018.
16. Jing, L. B., Z. H Luo, and L. Liu, "Optimization design of magnetic gear based on genetic algorithm toolbox of matlab," Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 5, 1202-1209, 2016.
17. Rens, J., K. Atallah, and S. D. Calverley, "A novel magnetic harmonic gear," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 46, No. 1, 206-212, 2010.
18. Liu, R. H., L. I. Chen, and Y. J. Zhang, "Analytical model for air-gap magnetic field calculation in an eccentric magnetic harmonic gear," Proceedings of the Chinese Society of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 36, 126-133, 2013.
19. Dogan, N., M. Inci, and A. Bingolbali, "Effects of number of magnet in Halbach magnet system for producing homogeneous magnetic field," 2015 5th International Workshop on Magnetic Particle Imaging (IWMPI), 2015.
20. Guo, B., Y. Huang, F. Peng, and J. Dong, "An analytical model for axial flux PM machines with Halbach array," Proceedings of the Chinese Society of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 1, 289-295, 2019.
21. Xu, X. Z., Z. Sun, X. D. Wang, H. C. Feng, and B. Y. Du, "Characteristic of a novel PM linear synchronous motor with Halbacharray consequent-pole," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 34, No. 9, 1825-1833, 2019.
22. Jian, L. N. and K. T. Chau, "A coaxial magnetic gear with Halbach PMarrays," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 25, No. 2, 319-328, 2010.
23. Zhang, Y., J. Zhang, and R. Liu, "Magnetic field analytical model for magnetic harmonic gears using the fractional linear transformation method," Chinese Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 1, 47-52, 2019.