In this paper, we focus on the beamforming design in a two way amplify-and-forward relay network with energy harvesting, in which a three-node system consisting of two transmitters and one relay is considered. Specifically, we investigate the joint beamforming and power splitting scheme to obtain the maximum weighted sum rate. The formulated problem is non-convex and challenging. We equivalently transform it into a more tractable problem via successive convex approximation and constrained concave-convex procedure. Then, an iterative algorithm is proposed. Numerical results demonstrate the superiority of the proposed method, as well as the eect of dynamic power splitting in improving the sum rate of relay network.
2. Bagmanci, M., M. Karaaslan, E. Unal, O. Akgol, and C. Sabah, "Extremely-broad band metamaterial absorber for solar energy harvesting based on star shaped resonator," Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 49, No. 257, Jul. 2017.
3. Akgol, O., M. Karaaslan, E. Unal, and C. Sabah, "Implementation of a perfect metamaterial absorber into multi-functional sensor applications," Modern Physics Letters B, Vol. 31, No. 15, 1750176, May 2017.
4. Gasimov, N., M. Karaaslan, C. Sabah, and F. Karadag, "Some aspects of mass-energy equivalence which appears in left-handed metamaterials," EPJ Applied Metamaterials, Vol. 6, No. 16, Apr. 2019.
5. Alkurt, F. O., O. Altintasa, M. Ozakturk, M. Karaaslan, O. Akgol, E. Unal, and C. Sabah, "Enhancement of image quality by using metamaterial inspired energy harvester," Physics Letters A, Vol. 384, No. 11, Jan. 2020.
6. Wang, H.-M. and X.-G. Xia, "Enhancing wireless secrecy via cooperation: Signal design and optimization," IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 53, No. 12, 47-53, Dec. 2015.
7. Bi, S., C. K. Ho, and R. Zhang, "Wireless powered communication: Opportunities and challenges," IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 53, No. 4, 117-125, Apr. 2015.
8. Nasir, A. A., X. Zhou, S. Durrani, and R. A. Kennedy, "Wireless-powered relays in cooperative communications: Time-switching relaying protocols and throughput analysis," IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol. 63, No. 5, 1607-1622, May 2015.
9. Li, B., Z. Fei, and H. Chen, "Robust artificial noise-aided secure beamforming in wireless-powered non-regenerative relay networks," IEEE Access, Vol. 4, 7921-7929, Nov. 2016.
10. Gao, H., T. Lv, W. Wang, and N. C. Beaulieu, "Energy-efficient and secure beamforming for self-sustainable relay-aided multicast networks," IEEE Signal Process. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 11, 1509-1513, Nov. 2016.
11. Benkhelifa, F. and M.-S. Alouini, "Precoding design of MIMO amplify-and-forward communication system with an energy harvesting relay and possibly imperfect CSI," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, 578-594, Mar. 2017.
12. Hu, R. and T.-M. Lok, "Power splitting and relay optimization for two-way relay SWIPT systems," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Commun. (ICC), 1-6, May 2016.
13. Li, Q., Q. Zhang, and J. Yin, "Beamforming for information and energy cooperation in cognitive non-regenerative two-way relay networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol. 15, No. 8, 5302-5313, Aug. 2016.
14. Zhang, C., H. Du, and J. Ge, "Energy-efficient power allocation in energy harvesting two-way AF relay systems," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, 3640-3645, Feb. 2017.
15. Wang, W., R. Wang, H. Mehrpouyan, and N. Zhan, "Beamforming for simultaneous wireless information and power transfer in two-way relay channels," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, 9235-9250, May 2017.
16. Rostampoor, J., S. Razavizadeh, and I. Lee, "Energy efficient precoding design for SWIPT in MIMO two-way relay networks," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 66, No. 9, 7888-7896, Sep. 2017.
17. Zhou, X. and Q. Li, "Energy efficiency for SWIPT in MIMO two-way amplify-and-forward relay networks," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 67, No. 6, 4910-4924, Jun. 2018.
18. Wen, Z., X. Liu, S. Zheng, and W. Guo, "Joint source and relay design for MIMO two-way relay networks with SWIPT," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 67, No. 1, 822-826, Jan. 2018.
19. Boyd, S. and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, U.K., 2004.
20. Grant, M. and S. Boyd, "CVX: Matlab software for disciplined convex programming,", [Online]. Available: http://cvxr.com/cvx.