A triple-band patch antenna operating at 0.9, 1.8 and 2.4 GHz is presented. The triple-band characteristic is realized by using a radiating patch and two meander lines achieved by embedding slots in its radiating patch. According to the current distribution of the radiating patch, the locations of two meander lines are chosen. The proposed antenna has the advantages of the easy control of each resonant frequency and relatively simple antenna structure. The measured -10 dB impedance bandwidths are 30, 40, and 30 MHz at 0.9, 1.8, and 2.4 GHz, respectively. The simulated and measured radiation patterns and gains are also presented and discussed.
2. Sung, Y., "Triple band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using a modified H-shaped resonator," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 2, 953-957, 2013.
3. Kunwar, A., A. K. Gautam, and K. Rambabu, "Design of a compact U-shaped slot triple band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," AEU — International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 71, 82-88, 2017.
4. Reddy, V. V. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, "Triband circularly polarized koch fractal boundary microstrip antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 1057-1060, 2014.
5. Hoang, V. and H. C. Park, "Very simple 2.45/3.5/5.8 GHz triple-band circularly polarised printed monopole antenna with bandwidth enhancement," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 24, 1792-1793, 2014.
6. Kumar, A., "A compact H-shaped slot triple-band microstrip antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," IEEE Annual India Conference (INDICON), 1-4, 2016.
7. Yadav, A., S. Agrawal, and R. P. Yadav, "SRR and S-shape slot loaded triple band notched UWB antenna," AEU — International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 79, 192-198, 2017.
8. Mansouri, Z., A. S. Arezoomand, S. Heydari, and F. B. Zarrabi, "Dual notch UWB fork monopole antenna with CRLH metamaterial load," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 111-119, 2016.
9. Salih, A. A. and M. S. Sharawi, "A dual-band highly miniaturized patch antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1783-1786, 2016.
10. Li, L., Y. Huang, L. Zhou, and F. Wang, "Triple-band antenna with shorted annular ring for high-precision GNSS applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 942-945, 2016.
11. Shen, S., C.-Y. Chiu, and R. D. Murch, "A dual-port triple-band L-probe microstrip patch rectenna for ambient RF energy harvesting," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 3071-3074, 2017.
12. Mathew, S., R. Anitha, U. Deepak, and C. K. Aanandan, "A compact tri-band dual-polarized corner-truncated sectoral patch antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 12, 5842-5845, 2015.
13. Boukarkar, A., et al., "A highly integrated independently tunable triple-band patch antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 2216-2219, 2017.
14. Dutta, S., K. Kumari, D. Sarkar, and K. V. Srivastava, "A compact triple-band multi-polarized slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX application," 3rd International Conference on Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP 2018), 1-2, February 9–11, 2018.
15. Ali, T. and R. C. Biradar, "A miniaturized volkswagen logo UWB antenna with slotted ground structure and metamaterial for GPS, WiMAX and WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 72, 29-41, 2017.
16. Brar, R. S., K. Saurav, D. Sarkar, and K. V. Srivastava, "A triple band circular polarized monopole antenna for GNSS/UMTS/LTE," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 2, 298-304, 2017.