A novel dual band-notched CPW-fed UWB MIMO antenna with mutual coupling reduction characteristics is presented in this paper. The proposed antenna uses CPW feeding to expand the antenna bandwidth. The measured impedance bandwidth with S11 < -10 dB is 137% from 3 GHz to 16 GHz. The overall size of the antenna is 46 mm × 32 mm × 1.6 mm. In order to achieve the dual band-notched characteristics, a cup-shaped branch is added to the grounding plate, and a step impedance resonator (SIR) is added to the microstrip line.By adding periodic strip branches on the back of the antenna, the mutual coupling between the two antennas is significantly reduced, which meets the requirements of practical applications. In addition, the proposed antenna has a compact size and can provide a stable radiation pattern, which is suitable for UWB communication systems.
2. Jetti, C. R. and V. R. Nandanavanam, "A very compact MIMO antenna with triple band-notch function for portable UWB systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 82, 13-27, 2018.
3. Tao, J. and Q. Feng, "Compact ultrawideband MIMO antenna with half-slot structure," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 792-795, 2017.
4. Tripathi, S., A. Mohan, and S. K. Yadav, "A compact MIMO/diversity antenna with WLAN band notch characteristics for portable UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 77, 29-38, 2017.
5. Sharma, M., Y. K. Awasthi, H. Singh, R. Kumar, and S. Kumari, "Compact UWB antenna wi high rejection triple band-notch characteristics for wireless applications," Wireless Pers. Commun., Vol. 97, No. 3, 4129-4143, 2017.
6. Wang, S., "A new compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 58, 67-72, 2016.
7. Chandel, R., A. K. Gautam, and K. Rambabu, "Tapered fed compact UWB MIMO-diversity antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 66, No. 4, 1677-1684, Apr. 2018.
8. Zhu, J., B. Feng, B. Peng, L. Deng, and S. Li, "Dual notched band MIMO slot antenna system with Y-shaped defected ground structure for UWB applications," Microwave and Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 58, No. 3, 626-630, 2016.
9. Chandel, R. and A. K. Gautam, "Tapered fed compact UWB MIMO --- Diversity antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 66, No. 4, Apr. 2018.
10. Zhu, J., et al., "Compact dual-polarized UWB quasi-self-complementar MIMO/diversity antenna with band-rejection capability," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 905-908, 2016.
11. Li, Z., C. Yin, and et al, "Compact UWB MIMO vivaldi antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 38696-38701, Apr. 2019.
12. Tang, Z., et al., "Compact UWB-MIMO antenna with high isolation and triple band-notched characteristics," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 19856-19865, Feb. 2019.
13. Tao, J. and Q. Feng, "Compact UWB MIMO vivaldi antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 8, 1-12, 2018.
14. Blanch, S., J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, "Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description," Electronics Letters, Vol. 39, No. 9, 705-707, May 1, 2003.
15. Jaglan, N., S. D. Gupta, and B. K. Kanaujia, "Triple band notched DG-CEBG structure based UWB MIMO/diversity antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 80, 21-37, 2018.
16. Jetti, C. R. and V. R. Nandanavanam, "Trident-shape strip loaded dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna for portable device applications," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 83, 11-21, 2017.