A general resonant condition for rectangular waveguide junctions operating in the single mode regime of the main waveguide is formulated based on previously developed mathematical models. We will consider three types of junctions with various side arms: T-oriented semi-infinite waveguide with an impedance end wall, semi-infinite waveguide oriented in line with main waveguide, and infinite perpendicularly oriented waveguide. The main waveguide is coupling with the side arm through a narrow slot, and it has a dielectric inclusion in the coupling region. As a result of the analysis of the resonance characteristics for the indicated types of waveguide devices, the correctness of the application of the general resonance condition is substantiated. The possibility of neglecting the imaginary part of the permittivity of the inclusion material in calculations is confirmed by a satisfactory agreement between the numerical results and experimental data for an isolated inclusion.
2. Yao, H.-W., A. E. Abdelmonem, J.-F. Liang, X.-P. Liang, K. A. Zaki, and A. Martin, "Wide-band waveguide and ridge waveguide T-junctions for diplexer applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 41, 2166-2173, 1993.
3. Widarta, A., S. Kuwano, and K. Kokubun, "Simple and accurate solutions of the scattering coefficients of E-plane junctions in rectangular waveguides," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 43, 2716-2718, 1995.
4. Abdelmonem, A., H.-W. Yao, and K. A. Zaki, "Slit coupled E-plane rectangular T-junctions using single port mode matching technique," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 42, 903-907, 1994.
5. Berdnik, S. L., V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, and Yu. M. Penkin, "Waveguide T-junctions with resonant coupling between sections of different dimensions," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 9, 1059-1065, 2017.
6. Penkin, Yu. M., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, and M. V. Nesterenko, "Waveguide junction with controllable power division," 2016 9th International Kharkiv Symposium on Physics and Engineering of Microwaves, Millimeter and Submillimeter Waves, 1-4, Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2016.
7. Penkin, Yu. M., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, and S. V. Pshenichnaya, "Energy characteristics of a T-shaped waveguide junction with a dielectric insert," 2016 8th International Conference on Ultrawideband and Ultrashort Impulse Signals, 73-76, Odessa, Ukraine, 2016.
8. Penkin, Yu. M., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, and M. V. Nesterenko, "Influence of a dielectric insert on energy characteristics of a cruciform waveguide junction," 2016 XXIst International Seminar/Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory, 42-45, Tbilisi, Georgia, 2016.
9. Penkin, D. Yu. and L. P. Yatsuk, "Analysis of energy characteristics of the transversal slot in a wide wall of a rectangular waveguide with local dielectric inclusion," Telecomm. Radio Eng., Vol. 73, 669-680, 2014.
10. Parkhomenko, M. P., D. S. Kalenov, I. S. Eremin, A. Fedoseev N. A., V. M. Kolesnikova, and Yu. L. Barinov, "Waveguide method for measuring electromagnetic parameters of materials in the microwave range and estimating the measurement error," Journal of Radio Electronics, Vol. 9, 1-19, 2018, available at: http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/sep18/6/text.pdf.