In this paper, we experimentally demonstrate the performance of a multi-beam antenna based on inductor-capacitor (L-C) transmission line networks. The lumped element parameters of the antenna are derived according to the mapping relations between the Maxwell's equations and L-C network equations. The simulation results are in good agreement with the measurement ones, and the antenna performs well at a wide bandwidth with high directivity. The antenna has potential applications in future communication systems.
2. Leonhardt, U., "Optical conformal mapping," Science, Vol. 312, No. 5781, 1777-1780, 2006.
3. Jiang, W. X., W. X. Tang, and T. J. Cui, "Transformation optics and applications in microwave frequencies," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 149, 251-273, 2014.
4. Schurig, D., J. J. Mock, B. J. Justice, S. A. Cummer, J. B. Pendry, A. F. Starr, and D. R. Smith, "Metamaterial electromagnetic cloak at microwave frequencies," Science, Vol. 314, No. 5801, 977-980, 2006.
5. Li, J. and J. B. Pendry, "Hiding under the carpet: A new strategy for cloaking," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 101, No. 20, 203901, 2008.
6. Yang, Y. H., S. S. Lin, Z. J. Wang, H. Chen, H. Wang, and E. Li, "Three-dimensional polyhedral invisible cloak consisting of homogeneous materials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 142, 31-40, 2013.
7. Liu, X., C. Li, K. Yao, X. K. Meng, W. Feng, B. H. Wu, and F. Li, "Experimental verification of broadband invisibility using a cloak based on inductor-capacitor networks," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, No. 19, 191107, 2009.
8. Rajput, A. and K. V. Srivastava, "Arbitrary shaped reciprocal external cloak with nonsingular and homogeneous material parameters using expanding coordinate transformation," Plasmonics, Vol. 12, No. 3, 771-781, 2017.
9. Li, C. Y., L. Xu, L. L. Zhu, S. Y. Zou, Q. H. Liu, Z. Y. Wang, and H. Y. Chen, "Concentrators for water waves," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 121, No. 10, 104501, 2018.
10. YangOptics Communications, C. F., M. Huang, J. J. Yang, T. H. Li, F. C. Mao, and P. Li, "Arbitrarily shaped homogeneous concentrator and its layered realization," Optics Communications, Vol. 435, 150-158, 2019.
11. Madni, H. A., K. Hussain, W. X. Jiang, S. Liu, A. Aziz, A. Iqbal, A. Marhoob, and T. J. Cui, "A novel EM concentrator with open-concentrator region based on multi-folded transformation optics," Scientific Reports, Vol. 8, No. 1, 1-10, 2018.
12. Zang, X. F., J. J. Li, J. F. Mao, and C. Jiang, "Experimental demonstration of the wave squeezing effect based on inductor-capacitor networks," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 101, No. 7, 074104, 2012.
13. Yang, C. F., M. Huang, J. J. Yang, F. C. Mao, and T. H. Li, "Target illusion by shifting a distance," Optics Express, Vol. 26, No. 19, 24280-24293, 2018.
14. Yi, J. J., P. H. Tichit, S. N. Burokur, and A. de Lustrac, "Illusion optics: Optically transforming the nature and the location of electromagnetic emissions," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 117, No. 8, 084903, 2015.
15. Yi, J. J., S. N. Burokur, and A. de Lustrac, "Experimental validation of a transformation optics-based lens for beam steering," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 107, No. 15, 154101, 2015.
16. Ebrahimpouri, M. and O. Quevedo-Teruel, "Bespoke lenses based on quasi-conformal transformation optics technique," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 5, 2256-2264, 2017.
17. Yuan, S. H., Y. Y. Zhang, Q. Y. Zhang, B. S. Zou, and U. Schwingenschlogl, "Curvature effects in two-dimensional optical devices inspired by transformation optics," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 109, No. 20, 201105, 2016.
18. Yi, J. J., M. T. Guo, R. Feng, B. Ratni, L. N. Zhu, D. H. Wenner, and S. N. Burokur, "Design and validation of an all-dielectric metamaterial medium for collimating orbital-angular-momentum vortex waves at microwave frequencies," Physical Review Applied, Vol. 12, No. 3, 034060, 2019.
19. Yang, Y., X. M. Zhao, and T. J. Wang, "Design of arbitrarily controlled multi-beam antennas via optical transformation," Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, Vol. 30, No. 4, 337, 2009.
20. Cheng, Q., W. Xiang, and T. J. Cui, "Multi-beam generations at pre-designed directions based on anisotropic zero-index metamaterials," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 99, No. 13, 131913, 2011.
21. Wu, Q., Z. H. Jiang, O. Quevedo-Teruel, J. P. Turpin, W. X. Tang, Y. Hao, and D. H. Werner, "Transformation optics inspired multibeam lens antennas for broadband directive radiation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 12, 5910-5922, 2013.
22. Tichit, P. H., S. N. Burokur, and A. de Lustrac, "Spiral-like multi-beam emission via transformation electromagnetics," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 115, No. 2, 024901, 2014.
23. Zhang, K., X. M. Ding, D. L. Wo, F. R. Meng, and Q. Wu, "Experimental validation of ultra-thin metalenses for N-beam emissions based on transformation optics," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 108, No. 5, 053508, 2016.
24. Zhu, C. H., Z. G. Jiang, L. J. Liu, N. Liu, and Q. H. Liu, "A new strategy for transformation optics with index-only media," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 7, 4626-4635, 2019.
25. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
26. Li, C., X. K. Meng, X. Liu, F. Li, G. Y. Fang, H. Y. Chen, and C. T. Chan, "Experimental realization of a circuit-based broadband illusion-optics analogue," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 105, No. 23, 233906, 2010.
27. Zang, X. F., Y. M. Zhu, X. B. Ji, L. Chen, Q. Hu, and S. L. Zhuang, "Broadband unidirectional behavior of electromagnetic waves based on transformation optics," Scientific Reports, Vol. 7, 40941, 2017.