A broadband circularly polarized CPW-fed slot patch antenna is presented in this paper. The proposed geometry consists of two unequal L-shaped arms, feeding asymmetrically-shaped slots at two opposite corners to achieve wider circularly polarized bandwidth in stable radiation, without any external polariser. The antenna performance exhibits a wide 3-dB axial ratio bandwidth (3-dB ARBW) of 2.8 GHz, starting from 7.4 GHz until 10.2 GHz, within the 10-dB impedance bandwidth (10-dB IBW) of 3.2 GHz (7-10.2 GHz). Results show a stable radiation in the broadside direction, in which the antenna shows a maximum gain of 4 dBi in bidirectional broadside radiation. The proposed structure occupies a global size of 24 × 22 × 0.25 mm3. The outcomes are achieved making, therefore, the proposed antenna an excellent candidate for performed systems within X band range.
2. Xu, R., J. Li, J. Liu, S. G. Zhou, and K. Wei, "UWB circularly polarised slot antenna with modified ground plane and L-shaped radiator," Electron. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 15, 918-920, 2018.
3. Pourahmadazar, J., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, N. Felegari, and H. Shirzad, "Broadband CPW-fed circularly polarized square slot antenna with inverted-l strips for UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 369-372, 2011.
4. Le, T. T., V. H. The, and H. C. Park, "Simple and compact slot-patch antenna with broadband circularly polarized radiation," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 58, No. 7, 1634-1641, 2016.
5. Pan, S.-P., J.-Y. Sze, and P.-J. Tu, "Circularly polarized square slot antenna with a largely enhanced axial-ratio bandwidth," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 969-972, 2012.
6. Chen, C. H., E. K. N. Yung, and B. J. Hu, "Miniaturised CPW-fed circularly polarised corrugated slot antenna with meander line loaded," Electron. Lett., Vol. 43, No. 25, 1404-1405, 2007.
7. Xue, H. G., X. X. Yang, Z. Ma, and Y. Wang, "Single-fed broadband circularly polarised dipole antenna with simple structure," Electron. Lett., Vol. 53, No. 3, 134-136, 2017.
8. Zhang, C., X. Liang, X. Bai, J. Geng, and R. Jin, "A broadband dual circularly polarized patch antenna with wide beamwidth," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1457-1460, 2014.
9. Yang, X., Y. Z. Yin, W. Hu, and S. L. Zuo, "Low-profile, small circularly polarized inverted-L antenna with double-folded arms," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 767-770, 2010.
10. Hwang, K. C., "Broadband circularly-polarised Spidron fractal slot antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 1, 3-4, 2009.
11. Nasimuddin, K. P. E. and A. K. Verma, "Wideband high-gain circularly polarized stacked microstrip antennas with an optimized C-type feed and a short horn," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 2, 578-581, 2008.
12. Varshney, G., R. Singh, V. S. Pandey, and R. S. Yaduvansh, "Circularly polarized two-port MIMO dielectric resonator antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 91, 19-28, 2020.
13. Chen, Q. Q., J. Y. Li, G. W. Yang, and Y. X. Ding, "Single-fed high-gain circularly polarized microstrip antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 83, 151-159, 2019.