Non-parallel microstrip lines are a layout often used in high-speed interconnections. This study initiates crosstalk reduction by interdigital capacitor for the non-parallel microstrip lines. This method reduces the far-end crosstalk by adding capacitive coupling to cancel inductive coupling after an interdigital capacitor is added at the near end of the non-parallel microstrip lines. Software simulation and actual measurement results show that the proposed method can effectively reduce the far-end crosstalk in non-parallel microstrip lines. The method is also easy to implement and in low cost.
2. Halligan, M. and D. Beetner, "Maximum crosstalk estimation in weakly coupled transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, 736-743, 2014.
3. Alibakhshikenari, M., B. S. Virdee, P. Shukla, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, F. J. Falcone, and E. Limiti, "Meta-surface wall suppression of mutual coupling between microstrip patch antenna arrays for THz-band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 75, 105-111, 2018.
4. Alibakhshikenari, M., et al., "Mutual-coupling isolation using embedded metamaterial EM bandgap decoupling slab for densely packed array antennas," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 51827-51840, 2019.
5. Balakrishnan, R., S. Thomas, and S. Sharan, "Crosstalk and EMI reduction using enhanced guard trace technique," 2018 IEEE Electrical Design of Advanced Packaging and Systems Symposium (EDAPS), 1-3, Chandigarh, India, December 16–18, 2018.
6. Xu, J. and S. Wang, "Investigating a guard trace ring to suppress the crosstalk due to a clock trace on a power electronics DSP control board," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 546-554, 2015.
7. Lee, K., et al., "Serpentine microstrip line with zero far-end crosstalk for parallel high-speed DRAM interfaces," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 33, No. 2, 552-558, 2010.
8. Mallahzadeh, A., A. Ghasemi, S. Akhlagh, B. Rahmati, and R. Bayderkhani, "Crosstalk reduction using step shaped transmission line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 12, 139-148, 2010.
9. Huang, B., K. Che, and C. Wang, "Far-end crosstalk noise reduction using decoupling capacitor," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 1, 1-13, 2016.
10. Ma, C. and Y. Wang, "Using interdigital capacitance to reduce crosstalk between microstrip lines," Microelectronics & Computer, Vol. 36, No. 7, 32-35, 2019.
11. Young, B., Digital Signal Integrity: Modeling and Simulation with Interconnects and Packages, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2009.
12. Wang, Y., et al., "Method using derivative circuit to reduce crosstalk between transmission lines in PCB," Journal of South China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition), Vol. 40, No. 8, 20-25, 2012.
13. Liu, X., et al., "Transmission line equation based crosstalk analysis of multiconductor nonparallel transmission line," Modern Electronics Technique, Vol. 40, No. 1, 163-166, 2017.
14. Bahl, I., Lumped Elements for RF and Microwave Circuits, 230-232, Artech House, Boston, 2003.